July 26, 2014
Continuously updating new footage from Gaza
The world founded UN after WWII to ensure, what happened, never would happen again. “Never Again” was the slogan. Israel although is violating every law and rule as an UN member but foremost on every humanitarian and moral way. The carnage on Gaza is a genocide. Warcrimes are committed 24/7 while the world stays in silence and inaction.
You cannot say ” Wir haben es nicht gewusst” (We didn’t know)
Not in this age of social media. The game of fooling people around is over and Gaza is not fighting this war alone. For the utmost enabler of all this atrocities is silence and ignorance. This blog vows to fight that till the bitter end. So ensure, you DO know what Israel is doing in Palestine.
Today a ‘humanitarian’ ceasefire was announced but eyewitnesses said that after the 12-hour ceasefire went into effect at 0800 this morning, Palestinian citizens and ambulance cars tried to enter the beleaguered Khuza’a town but were confronted with Israeli bullets, which forced them and the ambulance cars to leave the area. So it has been broken effectively immediately by Israel, although the occupied mainstream media keep vomiting the opposite, that resistance broke the ceasefire.
Latest Confirmed Casualties Update
Over 1000 killed and over 5800 wounded. Awaiting confirmation of the confirmed numbers of casualties as Gaza rescue teams and civilians inspect the devastation and try to recover the bodies of those slayed by Israel from beneath the rubble. The destruction is unimaginable.
Despite the truce, the occupation prevents residents from Khuza’a access to their homes to bring out the dead and wounded as is reported by several tweeps and PalToday.July 26 2014 PalToday
Latest Confirmed Displaced People Update
Is Resisting Genocide a Human Right? 81 Notre Dame Law Review1275(2006).
Conducting an in-depth study of the genocide in Darfur, Sudan, and also discussing other genocides, this article details the inadequacy of many of the international community’s response to genocides, such as “targeted sanctions” or international peacekeeping forces. Examining international legal authorities such as the Genocide Convention, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Court of Justice, the article demonstrates that groups which are being subjected to genocide have a legal right of self-defense. International treaties, Security Council arms embargoes, or national gun control laws cannot lawfully be enforced in a manner which prevents self-defense resistance to a genocide in progress, because under international law, the prohibition against any form of complicity in genocide takes legal precedence over lesser laws. With Paul Gallant & Joanne D. Eisen. In PDF.
Follow this list on twitter to receive updates from tweeps live tweeting from #GazaUnderAttack
Photos by SAFA
Photos by PalToday
Despite the truce, the occupation prevents residents from Khuza’a access to their homes to bring out the dead and wounded
Jon Snow has been speaking to youngsters in Gaza City about their lives and how they’re coping with living in a warzone. And he also talks to Dr Mads Gilbert – a Norwegian doctor working at al Shifa hospital – who is treating some of the children.
Latest Updates, News and Needs from Gaza
(815 Palestinians have been Martyred ( 200 child, 5 with disability, 105 women, 45 elders) since the beginning of the aggression on Gaza, of whom Most of them are civilians, more than 5240 wounded (1600 children,1515 women, 210 elders)
· An UNRWA school in Beit Hanoun sheltering IDPs was struck by Israeli tanks attack, at least 16 Palestinians have been martyred and 200 injured.
· Since 7 July, at least 42 Gaza families have had three or more members martyred in the same incident for a total of 257 Martyr.
· Due the ongoing Israeli offensive on the Gaza Strip number of Homes fully destroyed or severely damaged are 4840 house, also 21,000 house damaged partially in Gaza directly displacing thousands of people every minute.
· 142 schools and 160 service and public facilities in Gaza have sustained damage.
· 62 Masjids in Gaza were damaged ( 3 fully damaged)
· 7 NGOS HQ were destroyed
· 37 boats for fish men were destroyed
· Initial reports about 3 Billion is the Economic sector loss in Gaza
· There are now 149,000 displaced persons seeking refuge in 83 UNRWA shelters and 70,000 in their relatives houses.
· 900,000 People at risk of losing access to water supply
· 80% of population receives electricity 3 hours a day
· The Gaza Power Plant was shelled for the third time tonight, causing shut-down of the plant
· 25% Of all WASH facilities have no electricity due to damage to electricity lines and transformers
About latest Khan Yunis’s genocide:
Israeli warplanes launched 50 airstrikes targeting houses, civilians, agricultural plots, and open areas in the southern Gaza Strip town of Khan Yunis. Israeli tanks also fired dozens of shells at agricultural and open areas. As a result, 39 Palestinians, including 5 children and 2 women, were killed. A woman died of previous wounds. Additionally, 165 Palestinians, including 36 women and 42 children, were wounded. Israeli forces maintained their incursion into Khuza’a village, east of Khan Yunis, and there are reports that there are dozens of Palestinian casualties in the village, and medical crews were denied access to them. When many civilians attempted to leave the village, Israeli forces fired at them, killing 4.
About latest Shejaia’s genocide:
Israeli occupation forces have continued their brutal and immoral offensive on the Gaza Strip for the 13th consecutive day, and have continued the policy of collective punishment in disregard for the international law and humanitarian law, which ensure protection for civilians in times of war, and in violation of the principles of necessity, proportionality and distinction. Israeli forces have continued their aerial, ground and sea attacks throughout the Gaza Strip, causing more civilian casualties and damaging civilian facilities, including houses. Since the beginning of the massacre, Israeli forces have launched unprecedented attacks on al-Shuja’iya neighborhood in the east of Gaza City. The neighborhood has been subjected to intensive aerial and ground shelling. Dozens of Palestinian civilians have been killed or wounded, and medical crews and the ICRC have not been able to attend them. Women were seen taking their children out to flee from the area, and some of them were killed. People who were not able to leave the area have been trapped under the Israeli selling and their destinies are unknown. At least 72 people have been killed and 400 has been wounded in Gaza’s Shujayea district in the heaviest barrage of tank shells since Israel launched its ground invasion late Thursday and number increases every minute.
Nonfood item and shelter
· 33,400 individuals whose shelters were totally destroyed or sustained major structural damage need emergency NFI kits including mattresses, blankets, hygiene kits, and kitchen sets. In the medium term, they will need cash assistance to cover rental fees and basic household items.
· NFI emergency shelter repair interventions such as nylon and tarpaulin are needed for about 3380 families (23,400 individuals) whose homes sustained damage but are still inhabitable. Another 130,700 individuals living in slightly affected houses (broken windows and/or damaged doors) need NFI assistance such as nylon and plastic sheets.
· Massive shortage in drugs and disposables (28 and 54 per cent respectively) at Gaza Hospitals hinders Ministry of Health’s (MoH) ability to deliver health services. Gaza requires US4 3.2 million monthly to secure the needed drugs and disposables.
· Urgent need for psycho-tropic drugs, especially emergency drug kits to use for patients with mental illness who have relapses and families in especially severe circumstances of forced displacement, trauma and anxiety.
· Eight anesthesia machines, 10 ventilators, 5 electrosurgical units, 20 vital sign monitors, ECG machines, 5 defibrillator machines urgently needed.
· There is also a need for fuel as the hospitals are consuming a lot of fuel to run the hospitals basic operations.
· Shifa hospital urgently needs neurosurgeons, anesthesiologists, plastic and general surgeons, and orthopedic specialists, as well as 20 ICU beds, a digital C-ARM machine for orthopedic surgeries, three operation tables and a lighting system for the five operation rooms
· More than 219,000 IDPs hosted at UNRWA shelters, public schools and other facilities, with host families or in open spaces are in need of emergency food assistance.
· Farmers, breeders and fishermen’s livelihoods are heavily compromised. Although a comprehensive picture of exact needs is not yet available, animal feed for 3,000 herders is needed to avoid further loss of livestock and erosion of livelihoods.
Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)
· More than 219,000 IDPs hosted at UNRWA shelters, public schools, with host families or in open spaces, as well as communities disconnected from the municipal water supply need water for drinking and domestic use.
· An estimated 1.2 million people have no or very limited access to water or sanitation services due to damage to the electricity system or lack of fuel to run generators to power WASH facilities.
· 15 wells and six sewage pumping stations are not operating. Less than half of the required amount of water is being pumped, according to the Municipality of Gaza.
· Deir al Balah Desalination Plant cannot produce enough water to serve people in the Middle Area due to shortage of fuel and electricity outage (3hrs/day).
· There is urgent need for 10,000 litre of fuel for two municipal wells in Az Zawayda, as a high tension transformer feeding the wells has been destroyed, and the other two wells are operating through generators.
· Several areas are experiencing sewage flooding, in particular in Beit Hanoun and Beit Lahiya, posing public health hazards
· WASH facilities east of Salah ad Din road and in north Gaza (both areas in the new three km no-go zone) have not been accessible for repairs, while also likely to be inaccessible to water trucking due to the unsafe security situation.
Once more, Gazan civilians are being made to pay the price of war. After a crippling blockade and successive attacks, 1.8 million Gazans are even more defenseless and vulnerable. Give to provide medical assistance, to repair homes, to feed and provide shelter.
MOH in Gaza
UN twitter account
By: Mohammed Hasna
Current Attacks on Gaza – July 2014 – In Photos
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read:
The History of Resistance – The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation 2011 *
- Special Topic – Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza – A “cover-up for settlement activity
- UN: Israel killed 2,300 & injured 7,700 people in Gaza in 5 years – Source
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- Brayer: The Absolute Right of Palestinian Resistance – Source
- No. Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
- March 23, 2012 | Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
- March 18, 2012 | A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
- Sept 5, 2013 | “Slow Death” -International report says collective punishment of Gaza has reached critical stage – Incl Full Report PDF
Click on the thumbnails to view the full albums
Martyred By Israeli Occupation Attacks
انّا للہ و انّا الیه راجعون
May Allah Subhana wa Ta’ ala grant the Shuhada Jannatul Firdaus, and ease it for their families, loved ones and anyone around them. Allahumma Ameen ya Rabbil Alameen. ‘ Inna Lillahi wa ‘ Inna ‘ Ilayhi Raji’un, Allahu Akbar
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.