RAMALLAH, (PIC)– Head of the Palestinian Water Authority Shaddad Attili confirmed that 70 per cent of the water installations in Gaza Strip are malfunctioning as a result of being targeted in the Israeli army attacks or due to power and fuel shortage.
This led to a decrease of 70-80 per cent in comparison to the original quantities, in addition to the deteriorating water, health, and environmental situation.
In a press statement, Attili warned of the serious risks faced by the people of Gaza Strip as one of the most populated places on earth due to the continued blockade and water pollution and the lack of power to run vital installations.
He pointed out that the water authority crews have not been able till now to evaluate the damage caused by the Israeli war on Gaza Strip due to the continued hostilities against the civilians and infrastructure .The preliminary estimates for the necessary repairs in the water sector reached nearly five million dollars.
He added that among nearly one million people out of 1.8 million citizens are deprived of drinking water as a result of the sewer lines damage and the accumulation of waste.
He reported that more than 110 thousand people who sought refuge in UNRWA schools, public schools, other families’ homes and public squares are facing water shortage due to the frequent targeting of water lines or the inability of the water cisterns to meet the people’s needs.
Attili warned of the imminent danger resulted of the flow of wastewater in many areas especially in north Gaza (Beit Hanoun, Beit Lahia) after the targeting of sewer lines and sanitary pumps, in addition to power shortage and sewer flooding that may lead to the spread of diseases and epidemics.
He pointed out that five members of the technical teams were killed after being targeted while working to repair the damages, saying that they cannot reach some areas especially the civilian communities on the northern borders of Gaza (almost 600 thousand people).
Attili emphasized that war crimes were committed in Gaza Strip including the significant targeting of the Strip’s infrastructure, water supply and sanitation.
It resulted in the destruction of water utilities such as water wells, water pipes and networks and the mixing of sewage and potable water.
He explained that the preliminary assessment of the relief needs for water works and sewage reached more than five million dollars and approximately twenty million dollars to repair the sanitation infrastructure damage.
He called on water sector’s donor countries and international organizations to support the efforts of the “Water Authority”, international organizations and the Red Cross to meet water and sanitation humanitarian needs and to provide support for the provision of drinking water for the displaced people and for the entire population in the Gaza Strip in general.
He stressed the need to work immediately to provide safe corridors, to stop targeting technical crews and fuel and water tanks, and to enable Water Authority and municipal crews to restore the artesian wells and desalination plants that have been directly or indirectly targeted.
81 Notre Dame Law Review1275(2006). Conducting an in-depth study of the genocide in Darfur, Sudan, and also discussing other genocides, this article details the inadequacy of many of the international community’s response to genocides, such as “targeted sanctions” or international peacekeeping forces. Examining international legal authorities such as the Genocide Convention, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Court of Justice, the article demonstrates that groups which are being subjected to genocide have a legal right of self-defense. International treaties, Security Council arms embargoes, or national gun control laws cannot lawfully be enforced in a manner which prevents self-defense resistance to a genocide in progress, because under international law, the prohibition against any form of complicity in genocide takes legal precedence over lesser laws. With Paul Gallant & Joanne D. Eisen. In PDF.
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read:
The History of Resistance – The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation 2011 *
- Special Topic – Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza – A “cover-up for settlement activity
- UN: Israel killed 2,300 & injured 7,700 people in Gaza in 5 years – Source
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- Brayer: The Absolute Right of Palestinian Resistance – Source
- No. Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
- March 23, 2012 | Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
- March 18, 2012 | A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
- Sept 5, 2013 | “Slow Death” -International report says collective punishment of Gaza has reached critical stage – Incl Full Report PDF
Click on the thumbnails to view the full albums
Martyred By Israeli Occupation Attacks
انّا للہ و انّا الیه راجعون
May Allah Subhana wa Ta’ ala grant the Shuhada Jannatul Firdaus, and ease it for their families, loved ones and anyone around them. Allahumma Ameen ya Rabbil Alameen. ‘ Inna Lillahi wa ‘ Inna ‘ Ilayhi Raji’un, Allahu Akbar
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.