Israeli forces, yesterday, kidnapped at least 14 Palestinians and shot one with live ammunition during predawn raids on West Bank districts of Hebron and Jenin, according to reports by local and security sources. Later in the evening, forces shot and injured another at a military checkpoint, to the east of Nablus.
The army stormed Hebron City, Thursday morning, where they abducted eight Palestinians, most of whom are previously released prisoners.
According to the Palestinian Prisoners’ Club (PPC), they were taken following a raid on their homes in which forces destroyed their furniture. The PPC noted that they were beaten front of their families before being taken into Israeli custody.
In Beit Ummar, four Palestinians, ages 18, 22, and 25, were also taken during a similar raid, according to WAFA.
Clashes reportedly ensued in several areas of the town, where soldiers fired tear gas canisters towards residents and homes, causing several cases of suffocation.
In the northern West Bank city of Jenin, an Israeli undercover unit stormed a neighborhood there, abducting one Naji Qabaha, age 21, after raiding the family home and shooting Naji’s 26-year-old brother in the foot with live ammunition.
In the Jabal Abu-Their neighborhood, forces took one 22-year-old Palestinian after raiding and searching his family home, as well.
Witnesses told Ma’an News Agency that Israeli forces also shot and injured a Palestinian later on in the evening, near the Beit Furik checkpoint, east of Nablus, following a chase. A military ambulance came to take the Palestinian to the hospital.
No further information is currently available; the Israeli army gave no comment.
The West Bank, including East Jerusalem, in addition to the Gaza Strip, have been illegaly occupied by Israeli forces beginning in 1967. The international community has rejected the legitimacy of the occupation, by far and large, ever since.
In addition to continuous violations of UN treaties, by the state of Israel, to which they are signatory, settler violence against Palestinians and their property is an every day occurrence for those living under the occupation, both Christian and Muslim, and has escalated during numerous confrontations which have ensued over the course of the current military assault on Gaza, as well as the events leading up to it.
Kidnappings and attempted kidnappings of Palestinians as young as 2 have been on the increase, in recent days, as protests surge in a violent wave of chaos over the region.
Over 800,000 Palestinians have been imprisoned in Israeli jails since 1967.
Search IMEMC: West Bank
Your donation helps keep the IMEMC FREE and INDEPENDENT
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read:
The History of Resistance – The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation (*)
- Special Topic – Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza – A cover-up for settlement activity
- “Slow Death” -International report: Collective punishment of Gaza has reached critical stage – Incl Full Report PDF
- A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
- Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
THE LEGAL RIGHT OF RESISTANCE
81 Notre Dame Law Review1275(2006). Conducting an in-depth study of the genocide in Darfur, Sudan, and also discussing other genocides, this article details the inadequacy of many of the international community’s response to genocides, such as “targeted sanctions” or international peacekeeping forces. Examining international legal authorities such as the Genocide Convention, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Court of Justice, the article demonstrates that groups which are being subjected to genocide have a legal right of self-defense. International treaties, Security Council arms embargoes, or national gun control laws cannot lawfully be enforced in a manner which prevents self-defense resistance to a genocide in progress, because under international law, the prohibition against any form of complicity in genocide takes legal precedence over lesser laws. With Paul Gallant & Joanne D. Eisen. In PDF.
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- Brayer: The Absolute Right of Palestinian Resistance – Source
- No. Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
- If Jews in WWII Warsaw would have had rockets: They would have fired them too – by occpal
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.