35 Palestinians Killed, 100 Injured In Rafah
The Palestinian Ministry of Health has reported that at least 35 Palestinians have been killed, and more than a 100 have been injured in extensive Israeli bombardment of homes in Rafah, in the southern part of the Gaza Strip.
The Ministry of Health in Gaza said the number of slain Palestinians could be way higher, amidst ongoing Israeli bombardment of homes, while more than a hundred have been injured.
Most of the casualties are children and women; search operations ongoing.
The al-Mayadeen newspaper, based in Lebanon, has reported that Israel informed the Egyptian mediator that the 72-hour truce is over, and accused Palestinian resistance fighters of firing mortars into Israel.
Armed groups said Israel violated the truce first, killing and wounding several Palestinians.
The statement came just around two hours after the temporary ceasefire started, on Friday morning.
According to the Al Mayadeen report, Israel told the Egyptians that the 72-hour ceasefire that went into effect on Friday morning is over.
In addition, the al-Arabiya TV said the Israeli declaration of ending the truce came after the Israeli army fired shells into southern Gaza, killing eight Palestinians, only a few hours after the “ceasefire” began.
Israeli Ynet News quoted a source in the office of Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, accusing Hamas of violating the truce.
Heavy armed clashes took place between Palestinian fighters and Israeli soldiers invading Rafah, in the southern part of the Gaza Strip.
The army repeatedly violated the temporary ceasefire shortly after it started, while resistance fighters fired shells into the Eshkol Regional Council of settlements.
Israeli TV, Channel 10, has reported that heavy clashes are taking place in Rafah, while reports of deaths, and various injuries, among the soldiers are emerging, with the claim that one soldier is “missing”.
Israel said Palestinian fighters managed to approach an Israeli military force through a tunnel and opened fire at them.
The army fired several shells while Israeli warplanes fired several missiles.
Initial reports indicate several deaths and injuries occurred in clashes between soldiers and Palestinian fighters.
All Israeli areas, close to the border with Gaza, have been declared a closed military zone, while the army advised the settlers to remain home.
Israel is accusing the Palestinians of violating the truce by opening fire at Israeli soldiers, and military vehicles, east of Rafah, using automatic fire and mortars.
Israeli media sources said the Karem Abu Salem (Kerem Shalom) Crossing area witnessed what was described as “a major security breach”, and was declared a closed military zone.
Just after the temporary ceasefire started, Israeli soldiers opened fire on dozens of Palestinian civilians, including medics, during search and rescue operations in heavily bombarded areas, killing four Palestinians and wounding dozens.
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read:
The History of Resistance – The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation (*)
- Special Topic – Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza – A cover-up for settlement activity
- “Slow Death” -International report: Collective punishment of Gaza has reached critical stage – Incl Full Report PDF
- A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
- Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
THE LEGAL RIGHT OF RESISTANCE
81 Notre Dame Law Review1275(2006). Conducting an in-depth study of the genocide in Darfur, Sudan, and also discussing other genocides, this article details the inadequacy of many of the international community’s response to genocides, such as “targeted sanctions” or international peacekeeping forces. Examining international legal authorities such as the Genocide Convention, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Court of Justice, the article demonstrates that groups which are being subjected to genocide have a legal right of self-defense. International treaties, Security Council arms embargoes, or national gun control laws cannot lawfully be enforced in a manner which prevents self-defense resistance to a genocide in progress, because under international law, the prohibition against any form of complicity in genocide takes legal precedence over lesser laws. With Paul Gallant & Joanne D. Eisen. In PDF.
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- Brayer: The Absolute Right of Palestinian Resistance – Source
- No. Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
- If Jews in WWII Warsaw would have had rockets: They would have fired them too – by occpal
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.