Israel has destroyed 250 economic facilities during its war on the Gaza Strip, a human rights organisation told Anadolu news agency.Speaking to the news agency, Rami Abdo, the director of the Euro-Mediterranean Observatory for Human Rights, said that the Observatory’s teams in the Gaza Strip had monitored the destruction of 250 economic facilities, including 180 factories, since the start of the Israeli assault on the Gaza Strip on 7 July.
Abdo pointed out that the losses incurred by the economic sector in the Gaza Strip are unprecedented, stressing that Israel has dragged Gaza’s economy decades backwards.
He said: “We are talking about unemployment rates amounting to more than 40 per cent and an already deteriorated economic situation. We are witnessing a war that is destroying the economy completely, turning factories into piles of rubble and destruction.”
According to Abdo, the direct losses that have befallen the economic sector in Gaza amount to nearly $2 billion. However, he added that the world will witness even graver figures after the war is over and will have to face another war of destruction and unemployment. “We need billions to revive what has been destroyed,” he said.
Israel imposed a strict siege against the Gaza Strip after the Islamic resistance movement Hamas won the Palestinian legislative elections in 2006, further tightening the siege after the movement took control of the enclave in 2007.
Israel fully controls the Karam Abu Salem crossing, the only commercial crossing into the Strip, and prevents many materials, mainly building materials, from entering the Strip, which has caused heavy economic losses in recent years.
On 7 July, Israel launched an aggressive war against Palestinians in the Gaza Strip under the pretext of responding to Hamas rockets fired towards Israeli towns. The assault has so far led to the killing of more than 1,400 Palestinians and injuring of over 8,000 more. The Israeli raids have also caused the destruction of 5,238 housing units and partially damaged 30,050 housing units, of which 4,374 units have become uninhabitable, according to preliminary information released by the Palestinian Ministry of Public Works.
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read:
The History of Resistance – The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation (*)
- Special Topic – Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza – A cover-up for settlement activity
- “Slow Death” -International report: Collective punishment of Gaza has reached critical stage – Incl Full Report PDF
- A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
- Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
THE LEGAL RIGHT OF RESISTANCE
81 Notre Dame Law Review1275(2006). Conducting an in-depth study of the genocide in Darfur, Sudan, and also discussing other genocides, this article details the inadequacy of many of the international community’s response to genocides, such as “targeted sanctions” or international peacekeeping forces. Examining international legal authorities such as the Genocide Convention, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Court of Justice, the article demonstrates that groups which are being subjected to genocide have a legal right of self-defense. International treaties, Security Council arms embargoes, or national gun control laws cannot lawfully be enforced in a manner which prevents self-defense resistance to a genocide in progress, because under international law, the prohibition against any form of complicity in genocide takes legal precedence over lesser laws. With Paul Gallant & Joanne D. Eisen. In PDF.
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- Brayer: The Absolute Right of Palestinian Resistance – Source
- No. Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
- If Jews in WWII Warsaw would have had rockets: They would have fired them too – by occpal
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.