Palestinian medical sources said that paramedic Atef Zamili was killed in an airstrike on his vehicle and that seven passengers were wounded.
Zamili’s death brings to 16 the number of health workers who have been killed in Israeli strikes since the beginning of the assault 25 days ago. This is third 13th ambulance to be targeted in an Israeli attack, according to the ministry of health.
Meanwhile, Israeli forces widened their assault across the Gaza Strip on Friday afternoon, launching further ground movements in Shujaiyya in eastern Gaza City, Beit Hanoun in the northern Gaza Strip, and Khan Younis in the southern Gaza Strip.
The expansion of the invasion comes after Israel said one of its soldiers was captured during an attack on its military position east of Rafah inside the Gaza Strip.
Hamas said that it attacked the position an hour before a ceasefire was due to start at 8 p.m., saying that it was a response to Israeli troop movements in the area as well as the deaths of 16 Palestinians in continued Israeli shelling and airstrikes overnight.
It did not, however, take responsibility for the capture of the soldier, saying that Israel had fabricated the claim.
Israeli forces pounded the Gaza Strip all Friday afternoon following the attack, as Israeli authorities vowed a “crushing” response to what they called a ceasefire violation.
At least 40 were killed in intense shelling of Rafah during the Hamas attack on the military post, and at least a dozen more have been killed in air strikes and shelling since then.
The deaths bring the total in Israel’s assault to more than 1,600 as well as nearly 9,000 injured, in one of the deadliest sustained campaigns against Palestinians in recent history.
Many more are believed to be dead but stuck under the rubble of destroyed buildings, and thus as of yet unaccounted for by Gaza medical officials.
A Palestinian was killed in an Israeli attack on al-Maghazi refugee camp in the central Gaza Strip late on Friday, health ministry spokesman Ashraf al-Qidra said.
The dead man was identified as Atef Suheil Qandil, 24.
Another Palestinian was killed in al-Nusairat refugee camp, also in central Gaza.
He was identified as Ab al-Malek Abu Ma’ala, 37.
Additionally, three Palestinians were killed when an Israeli airstrike hit a three-wheeled “tuk-tuk” vehicle in the al-Zaytoun neighborhood of Gaza City.
The three were identified as Fayiz Tariq Yasin, 16, Muhammad Nihad Yasin, 24, and Hassan Ismail Yasin, 32.
Earlier, a Palestinian woman and a young girl were killed as Israeli artillery shells hit a house in Beit Lahiya in the northern Gaza Strip.
Two people were also killed and six wounded when an Israeli shelling hit a car near the University in Tel al-Hawa in southern Gaza earlier Friday.
Of the more than 60 Palestinians killed in Rafah since the collapse of the ceasefire, 19 others were identified by medical officials as of 5:00 p.m.
They were identified as Ibrahim Suleiman al-Madri, 50, Nadiyah Youssef al-Masri, 45, Ibrahim al-Masri, 6, Muhammad Anas Arafat, 4 months, Anas Ibrahim Hamad, 5, Sabri Sheikh al-Eid, 35, Muhammad Khalid al-Alul, 30, Ibrahim Mustafa Ghneim, Amina al-Zamli, Yahiya Abd al-Karim Lafi, Moussa Muhammad Abu Imran, Hilal Eid Abu Imran, Salama Muhammad al-Zamli, Nuha Jamal Abu Ziyada, Taysir Ali Muammar, Hussein Salim al-Jaafari, Yusra Muhammad Abu Jazar, Itaf Hammad al-Mahmoum, Moussa Ibrahim Abu Jazar, Muhammad Rizq Hasanein, 20.
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read:
The History of Resistance – The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation (*)
- Special Topic – Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza – A cover-up for settlement activity
- “Slow Death” -International report: Collective punishment of Gaza has reached critical stage – Incl Full Report PDF
- A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
- Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
THE LEGAL RIGHT OF RESISTANCE
81 Notre Dame Law Review1275(2006). Conducting an in-depth study of the genocide in Darfur, Sudan, and also discussing other genocides, this article details the inadequacy of many of the international community’s response to genocides, such as “targeted sanctions” or international peacekeeping forces. Examining international legal authorities such as the Genocide Convention, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Court of Justice, the article demonstrates that groups which are being subjected to genocide have a legal right of self-defense. International treaties, Security Council arms embargoes, or national gun control laws cannot lawfully be enforced in a manner which prevents self-defense resistance to a genocide in progress, because under international law, the prohibition against any form of complicity in genocide takes legal precedence over lesser laws. With Paul Gallant & Joanne D. Eisen. In PDF.
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- Brayer: The Absolute Right of Palestinian Resistance – Source
- No. Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
- If Jews in WWII Warsaw would have had rockets: They would have fired them too – by occpal
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.