Since the Israeli military began its assault on the Gaza Strip on July 8th, Israeli forces have repeatedly targeted medics and medical centers who have been working feverishly to treat the over 9,000 people who have been wounded.
Since July 8th, Medics and Rescue Teams have been attacked by Israeli airstrikes and artillery shelling 102 times. 19 medics have been killed, and many more have been injured.
In addition, 44 Of Gaza’s 55 Urgent Care Centers have been closed Due To Israeli Bombardment. 17 Hospitals, both public and private, have been directly targeted by the Israeli military.
The Palestinian Ministry of Health has condemned the repeated attacks on medical workers and facilities, which are supposed to be excluded from any attacks during wartime under international law.
Attacks on medical facilities are considered to be a ‘grave breach’ of the Fourth Geneva Convention, which means it is considered a war crime. Another ‘grave breach’ is extensive destruction and appropriation of property not justified by military necessity and carried out unlawfully and wantonly.
Israel is a signatory to the Fourth Geneva Convention, since 1957, but claims that this does not apply to Israel’s behavior in the territories it took over in 1967 and has been militarily occupying ever since.
The Israeli military spokesman has repeated over and over again the claim that Palestinian resistance fighters use hospitals to store and fire rockets, but has presented no credible evidence to back this claim.
The one piece of ‘evidence’ presented by the Israeli military involved the Al-Wafa Hospital in eastern Gaza, and it was proven to be a fabrication.
After bombing the al-Wafa Hospital, Gaza’s only rehabilitation center, to the ground, the Israeli military released a short video claiming to show the hospital being used by fighters. But the satellite video purporting to show rockets fired from the hospital grounds turned out, upon examination, to not show the hospital at all. An arrow added by the Israeli military before releasing the video pointed at a building next to a rocket-launching site. The building was labeled ‘Wafa Hospital’. But the building in the video was NOT Al-Wafa Hospital, but a building in an entirely different part of town.
But even while mis-identifying the hospital building on its satellite image presented to the media, the Israeli military obviously know where the ACTUAL hospital was located, because its bombs were dropped directly onto the hospital, leveling it to the ground.
The numerous attacks on medical facilities and ambulances have made it extremely difficult for medical personnel in Gaza to carry out their work. In addition, the bombing of Gaza’s only power plant on Monday by Israeli forces has forced the medical facilities to turn to backup power sources, which are intermittent and sparse. This has made it more and more difficult to maintain life support for the hundreds of patients that remain in critical condition from their wounds.
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read:
The History of Resistance – The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation (*)
- Special Topic – Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza – A cover-up for settlement activity
- “Slow Death” -International report: Collective punishment of Gaza has reached critical stage – Incl Full Report PDF
- A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
- Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
THE LEGAL RIGHT OF RESISTANCE
81 Notre Dame Law Review1275(2006). Conducting an in-depth study of the genocide in Darfur, Sudan, and also discussing other genocides, this article details the inadequacy of many of the international community’s response to genocides, such as “targeted sanctions” or international peacekeeping forces. Examining international legal authorities such as the Genocide Convention, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Court of Justice, the article demonstrates that groups which are being subjected to genocide have a legal right of self-defense. International treaties, Security Council arms embargoes, or national gun control laws cannot lawfully be enforced in a manner which prevents self-defense resistance to a genocide in progress, because under international law, the prohibition against any form of complicity in genocide takes legal precedence over lesser laws. With Paul Gallant & Joanne D. Eisen. In PDF.
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- Brayer: The Absolute Right of Palestinian Resistance – Source
- No. Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
- If Jews in WWII Warsaw would have had rockets: They would have fired them too – by occpal
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.