Like living people, the dead in the Gaza Strip are in need of a safe place, but the continuous Israeli bombardment undermines efforts to find them any.Since the beginning of the Israeli war on the Gaza Strip, the number of deaths has reached 1,815. That number is increasing; and yet at the same time, there are not enough tombs for the dead. Therefore, families of the dead are obliged to bury their beloved in old and used tombs.
Al-Ghad newspaper describes how dozens of members of the Rajab family arrived in the old cemetery in central Gaza city to bury their son, who was killed in an Israeli attack on Shejayia market last Wednesday. The cemetery is an old one and burial there has been banned for a long time.
“In Gaza, we are unable to live with dignity or die with dignity,” Mohamed, the brother of the dead man said. “We even do not have any place on the land.”
A volunteer who helps people burying the dead told the newspaper: “There is no tomb for this one. They will wait a long time until they find an empty tomb for him. This is an old cemetery, but the situation of the war obliges people to do this.”
Other people came at the same time trying to find an empty tomb for their son, but instead had to use an old tomb where a relative is also buried.
The main cemetery for the people in Gaza is located in the very east of the city. It is very big, but the Israeli occupation forces ban people from approaching it.
Gaza’s awqaf official Ramzi Nawajha said that his ministry is allowing the people to use the old cemetery, which had previously been closed for a long time due to lack of space, because there is no access to the main cemetery in the east of the city.
He said: “Even people could go there, they will still not find any tombs because there are no construction materials to build new burials.”
In the same old cemetery, the Al-Silk family came with four members killed by the Israeli bombardment. Two of the dead were children, and so they were buried together in one tomb.
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read:
The History of Resistance – The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation (*)
- Special Topic – Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza – A cover-up for settlement activity
- “Slow Death” -International report: Collective punishment of Gaza has reached critical stage – Incl Full Report PDF
- A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
- Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
THE LEGAL RIGHT OF RESISTANCE
81 Notre Dame Law Review1275(2006). Conducting an in-depth study of the genocide in Darfur, Sudan, and also discussing other genocides, this article details the inadequacy of many of the international community’s response to genocides, such as “targeted sanctions” or international peacekeeping forces. Examining international legal authorities such as the Genocide Convention, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Court of Justice, the article demonstrates that groups which are being subjected to genocide have a legal right of self-defense. International treaties, Security Council arms embargoes, or national gun control laws cannot lawfully be enforced in a manner which prevents self-defense resistance to a genocide in progress, because under international law, the prohibition against any form of complicity in genocide takes legal precedence over lesser laws. With Paul Gallant & Joanne D. Eisen. In PDF.
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- Brayer: The Absolute Right of Palestinian Resistance – Source
- No. Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
- If Jews in WWII Warsaw would have had rockets: They would have fired them too – by occpal
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.