Israel is using media to incite hatred and violence against all Palestinians in the Gaza Strip after its military assault on Hamas has failed to defeat the Islamic resistance movement.Over the last four weeks, the Israeli army has waged a brutal military campaign in Gaza, killing over 1,800 Palestinians, mostly civilians, but Israel’s former national security advisor Major General Giora Eiland has placed the blame on the Palestinian people in Gaza, holding them responsible for the massacres committed by the Israeli army.
Eiland suggested that the Palestinians in the Gaza Strip, who are being killed daily by the Israeli war machine, are the ones responsible for the massacres perpetrated by Israel, simply because they elected Hamas in 2006, nearly eight years ago.
Eiland wrote in an op-ed for Yedioth Ahronoth newspaper on Monday that all Palestinians in the Gaza Strip “are to blame for this situation just like Germany’s residents were to blame for electing Hitler as their leader and paid a heavy price for that, and rightfully so.”
Rationalising this kind of collective punishment, which is in violation of the Fourth Geneva Convention, he said: “Hamas is not a terror organisation which came from afar and forcibly occupied Gaza. It’s the authentic representative of the population there. It rose to power following democratic elections and built an impressive military ability with the residents’ support. Its power base has remained stable despite the suffering.”
Eiland claimed that the suffering of the Palestinians in Gaza “is not the result of the Israeli pressure but of their support, through their elected government, for an armed struggle. This suffering could [end] instantly if they accept a ceasefire.”
He said that Israel fights Hamas alone while at the same time allowing the entry of food, fuel and electricity for the people in Gaza, which he argues is “wrong”.
Ironically, he bases his argument on the idea that Gaza is a country with all the rights of a nation state, including a standing army. “We should have declared war against the state of Gaza (rather than against the Hamas organisation), and in a war as in a war. The moment it begins, the right thing to do is to shut down the crossings, prevent the entry of any goods, including food, and definitely prevent the supply of gas and electricity,” Eiland said.
He believes the restoration of the Gaza Strip will begin as soon as the war ends, and then Israel will be called to reopen the crossings, which Israel can and should agree to, but only if the other side agrees to disarm its heavy weapons from the enclave.
Eiland concluded by saying: “In order to guarantee our interests versus the other side’s demands, we must avoid the artificial, wrong and dangerous distinction between the Hamas people, who are ‘the bad guys’, and Gaza’s residents, which are allegedly ‘the good guys’. We are dealing with an enemy state, not with a terror organisation, which is seemingly operating from within an innocent civilian population.”
~ by occpal
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read:
The History of Resistance – The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation (*)
- Special Topic – Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza – A cover-up for settlement activity
- “Slow Death” -International report: Collective punishment of Gaza has reached critical stage – Incl Full Report PDF
- A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
- Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
THE LEGAL RIGHT OF RESISTANCE
81 Notre Dame Law Review1275(2006). Conducting an in-depth study of the genocide in Darfur, Sudan, and also discussing other genocides, this article details the inadequacy of many of the international community’s response to genocides, such as “targeted sanctions” or international peacekeeping forces. Examining international legal authorities such as the Genocide Convention, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Court of Justice, the article demonstrates that groups which are being subjected to genocide have a legal right of self-defense. International treaties, Security Council arms embargoes, or national gun control laws cannot lawfully be enforced in a manner which prevents self-defense resistance to a genocide in progress, because under international law, the prohibition against any form of complicity in genocide takes legal precedence over lesser laws. With Paul Gallant & Joanne D. Eisen. In PDF.
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- Brayer: The Absolute Right of Palestinian Resistance – Source
- No. Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
- If Jews in WWII Warsaw would have had rockets: They would have fired them too – by occpal
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.