According to a new poll, more than 60 percent of Israelis believe a month-long offensive by Tel Aviv’s ground and aerial forces against the besieged Gaza Strip has failed to achieve its goals.
The latest survey by the Israeli institute, Panels Politics, reveals that 66 percent of Israel’s public believes the war did not achieve its objectives.
This comes as Israeli forces retreated from Gaza, claiming that they have achieved their objectives, including destruction of cross-border tunnels in Gaza.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had earlier hailed the Gaza offensive as a success.
However, the new poll shows most Israelis’ view corresponds with that of the Palestinian resistance movement, Hamas, which says Tel Aviv failed to achieve its goals in its bloody attacks.
Ismail Haniyeh, a senior leader of Hamas, says Palestinians were the victorious side of the Israeli war on the Gaza Strip. Haniyeh made the remarks in a recent statement, saying the resistance fighters are the true winners of the Israeli regime’s invasion of the Palestinian territory.
Israel has also kept tight reins on media outlets with regard to the exact number of Israeli soldiers captured or killed during its ongoing assaults on the coastal enclave. The rising death toll of Israeli forces during the attacks on the Gaza Strip had prompted growing opposition to the war among the Israeli public.
Hamas spokesman, Ihab al-Ghussein, has recently told Press TV correspondent that Israel has only managed to kill Palestinian civilians and demolish buildings in the impoverished region.
The ceasefire is a break from a four-week conflict that has left at least 1,875 Palestinians dead, including 430 children.
Palestinian Foreign Minister Riad al-Malki is pushing for a war crimes case at the International Criminal Court (ICC) against Israel due to the Zionist regime’s brutal aggression on the besieged region.
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read:
The History of Resistance – The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation (*)
- Special Topic – Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza – A cover-up for settlement activity
- “Slow Death” -International report: Collective punishment of Gaza has reached critical stage – Incl Full Report PDF
- A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
- Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
THE LEGAL RIGHT OF RESISTANCE
81 Notre Dame Law Review1275(2006). Conducting an in-depth study of the genocide in Darfur, Sudan, and also discussing other genocides, this article details the inadequacy of many of the international community’s response to genocides, such as “targeted sanctions” or international peacekeeping forces. Examining international legal authorities such as the Genocide Convention, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Court of Justice, the article demonstrates that groups which are being subjected to genocide have a legal right of self-defense. International treaties, Security Council arms embargoes, or national gun control laws cannot lawfully be enforced in a manner which prevents self-defense resistance to a genocide in progress, because under international law, the prohibition against any form of complicity in genocide takes legal precedence over lesser laws. With Paul Gallant & Joanne D. Eisen. In PDF.
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- Brayer: The Absolute Right of Palestinian Resistance – Source
- No. Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
- If Jews in WWII Warsaw would have had rockets: They would have fired them too – by occpal
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.