[ PIC 06/08/2014 – 09:14 AM ]
JENIN, (PIC)– “We don’t want to have Israeli products in our own homes,” was Muhammad Sawafta’s way to voice his disapproval over the Israeli offensive on Gaza.
“We don’t want to partake in any potential subsidization, direct or indirect, of Israel’s military equipment,” he added.
“I’ve always heard about campaigns promoting the boycott of Israeli products. But honestly I’ve never taken any such moves seriously until I saw with my own eyes the genocides perpetrated by the Israeli occupation in Gaza. I realized that every Israeli product I buy would necessary make of me a co-partner in such crimes,” Sawafta declared as he called on Palestinians, Arabs, and the world’s free people to boycott Israel economically.
“I partook in such boycott campaigns since the first week of the Gaza offensive,” Monjed Abu Awad said as he called for a large-scale boycott to be adopted by the Palestinian factions and institutions until no single Israel product is stocked in Palestinian homes.
He said, “Today such boycott of Israel campaigns in the West Bank echo the awareness and convictions of an entire nation, which have to be institutionalized and joined by regular follow-ups to be put into real effect”.
Activist youth groups have been calling not only for boycotting Israeli goods but also all shops selling any such products.
A rising awareness of the need to carry out boycott campaigns has been detected among Palestinians. This comes into sight in the decision made by the citizens of the 48 Occupied Palestine to purchase medical supplies from West Bank factories rather than Israel’s. The purchased supplies were delivered to Gazans via the Red Cross.
Khaled Mansour, coordinator of the boycott of Israel campaign, said the Palestinian market is the second biggest consumer of Israeli products after the U.S., with on overall export rate amounting to 3 billion dollars. The sum is a boost to the Israeli budget, particularly its military expenditure.
“The success of the boycott campaign will strike a blow to the Israeli economy and boost that of Palestine,” he added.
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read:
The History of Resistance – The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation (*)
- Special Topic – Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza – A cover-up for settlement activity
- “Slow Death” -International report: Collective punishment of Gaza has reached critical stage – Incl Full Report PDF
- A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
- Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
THE LEGAL RIGHT OF RESISTANCE
81 Notre Dame Law Review1275(2006). Conducting an in-depth study of the genocide in Darfur, Sudan, and also discussing other genocides, this article details the inadequacy of many of the international community’s response to genocides, such as “targeted sanctions” or international peacekeeping forces. Examining international legal authorities such as the Genocide Convention, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Court of Justice, the article demonstrates that groups which are being subjected to genocide have a legal right of self-defense. International treaties, Security Council arms embargoes, or national gun control laws cannot lawfully be enforced in a manner which prevents self-defense resistance to a genocide in progress, because under international law, the prohibition against any form of complicity in genocide takes legal precedence over lesser laws. With Paul Gallant & Joanne D. Eisen. In PDF.
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- Brayer: The Absolute Right of Palestinian Resistance – Source
- No. Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
- If Jews in WWII Warsaw would have had rockets: They would have fired them too – by occpal
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.