[ PIC 06/08/2014 – 08:53 AM ]
BEIRUT, (PIC)– “Palestinians’ steadfastness has marked a sweeping victory over the Israeli occupation,” Member of Hamas Political Bureau, Ezzat al-Resheq, said as he acclaimed in a statement to Al-Quds TV channel the legendary performance of the Palestinian resistance.
He said that all Palestinians have opted for a shared list of demands in return for a ceasefire in Gaza, most notably the halt of the Israeli offensive and the lifting of the Gaza blockade.
“Our Palestinian people owe us a gratifying agreement that matches up all of their sacrifices,” he declared.
“Hamas and all resistance factions have been on the alert to all Israeli conspiracies. Israel’s intents shall never come true… The Israeli occupation should not be misled into taking the genocides perpetrated against our children and citizens for “military achievements”, Resheq said, adding, “Instead such massacres herald Israel’s and Netanyahu’s political and ethical demise.”
“Our sacrifices should not go fruitless. We will continue to exert pressure until all of our demands are met,” he vowed.
Resheq voiced his disappointment over the standpoint maintained by the Arab authorities vis-à-vis the Israeli offensive on the besieged Gaza Strip.
“What our people has been eagerly seeking out, after having seen with their own eyes the degree of damage caused to their homes and infrastructures, is the launch of reconstruction projects in Gaza. This is a responsibility that we should all assume.”
“We should stand by our Palestinian people, who have stood their ground despite the pain, agony, and bloodshed that fell upon them. We need to reform the Gaza Strip, rebuild civilian homes, and heal the wounds of our Gaza offspring,” Resheq declared.
He further said, “The lesson we should all draw is the need to pool resources to face up to the Israeli occupation and boost up the will of the Palestinian resistance”.
Resheq said the spirits of Palestinians have been higher than the Israelis, “We are grateful to every single Palestinian citizen, child, women, and resistance fighter, who have all been sacrificing their own lives and souls for the sake of their sacred land.”
In a related development, Hamas said disarming the Palestinian resistance will not be up for discussion in the projected Cairo meeting over a comprehensive ceasefire agreement with the Israeli occupation, to be most probably joined by Washington.
“Our delegation will not accept any talks in this regard,” Resheq told Agence France-Presse. “Israel’s approval of truce talks and its military withdrawal from Gaza came as it got to a cul-de-sac.”
Hamas and the Israeli occupation have approved on Monday evening an Egyptian-brokered 72-hour ceasefire put into effect Tuesday morning.
Meanwhile, U.S. State Department Spokesperson Jennifer Psaki said the U.S. projected participation in the talks have been welcomed by the two sides.
The Palestinian delegation handed over a set of demands to the Egyptian mediator, media sources told al-Jazeera.
The list includes opening the Rafah crossing so as to smooth the access of passengers, goods and reconstruction materials; freedom of fishing, the rehabilitation of the Gaza airport, and the establishment of a seaport.
The list further called for the cancellation of the so-called buffer zones along the Gaza borders and lifting the sanctions on West Bankers along with the reconstruction of the Gaza Strip, to be assisted by the Palestinian unity government and the UN.
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read:
The History of Resistance – The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation (*)
- Special Topic – Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza – A cover-up for settlement activity
- “Slow Death” -International report: Collective punishment of Gaza has reached critical stage – Incl Full Report PDF
- A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
- Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
THE LEGAL RIGHT OF RESISTANCE
81 Notre Dame Law Review1275(2006). Conducting an in-depth study of the genocide in Darfur, Sudan, and also discussing other genocides, this article details the inadequacy of many of the international community’s response to genocides, such as “targeted sanctions” or international peacekeeping forces. Examining international legal authorities such as the Genocide Convention, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Court of Justice, the article demonstrates that groups which are being subjected to genocide have a legal right of self-defense. International treaties, Security Council arms embargoes, or national gun control laws cannot lawfully be enforced in a manner which prevents self-defense resistance to a genocide in progress, because under international law, the prohibition against any form of complicity in genocide takes legal precedence over lesser laws. With Paul Gallant & Joanne D. Eisen. In PDF.
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- Brayer: The Absolute Right of Palestinian Resistance – Source
- No. Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
- If Jews in WWII Warsaw would have had rockets: They would have fired them too – by occpal
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.