Palestinian experts interpret Israel’s political intransigence as an attempt to cover up its military defeat before resistance forces in Gaza.In a report by the Anadolu news agency, Palestinian writer Ibrahim Al-Madhoun said Israel is prolonging negotiations and circumventing Palestinian demands to lift the siege “in order to cover up the military victory achieved by Hamas”. He added that Israel “seeks to exhaust the Palestinians politically, after it failed to defeat them militarily.”
Hamas, however, has been very clear and affirmed it would pull out of negotiations if the demands of Palestinians were not met, he said.
Al-Madhoun added that the speech by Al-Qassam spokesperson Abu Obaida yesterday indicated that the Palestinian people have “authorised the resistance” to fight for their rights.
“Israel believes that prolonging the ceasefire would allow the Palestinian people to witness the scale of the damage caused by Israeli assaults, which would then lead them to give up on the resistance. But this is impossible,” he said.
He added that Hamas realises the purpose of Israel seeking to extend the ceasefire, namely to undermine any achievements by Palestinian factions. Hamas, he says, will not accept a ceasefire extension unless there is unanimous agreement among other Palestinian factions in this regard.
Political science professor in Gaza Dr Hani Al-Bassos reiterated the above, saying that prolonging negotiations will have a negative impact on the Palestinians.
“Israeli procrastination aims at spreading despair and frustration among Palestinians, and to exhaust the Palestinian negotiators by constant political manoeuvring,” Al-Bassos said.
Similarly, the chairman of the Euro-Mediterranean Observatory for Human Rights, Rami Abdou, said: “Israel is working to reach a long-term ceasefire agreement through which it would continue subjugating the Palestinians in Gaza without allowing them to claim any genuine achievement on the ground.
“The Palestinians are aware that any solutions which depends on the occupation and its tools and do not guarantee the sustainable development of the Palestinian economy, keeping it hostage to the whims of Israelis, will not serve the interests of Palestinians.”
He pointed out that Al-Qassam Brigades confirmed yesterday evening the need to approve the establishment of a seaport in Gaza, realising that any other solution which perpetuates Israeli control will not bring about economic development or a decent life for Palestinians.
“Establishing a seaport or a waterway means Palestinians will break free of Israeli control,” Abdou said.
A three-day Egypt-mediated ceasefire in Gaza came to an end on Friday morning.
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read:
The History of Resistance – The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation (*)
- Special Topic – Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza – A cover-up for settlement activity
- “Slow Death” -International report: Collective punishment of Gaza has reached critical stage – Incl Full Report PDF
- A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
- Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
THE LEGAL RIGHT OF RESISTANCE
81 Notre Dame Law Review1275(2006). Conducting an in-depth study of the genocide in Darfur, Sudan, and also discussing other genocides, this article details the inadequacy of many of the international community’s response to genocides, such as “targeted sanctions” or international peacekeeping forces. Examining international legal authorities such as the Genocide Convention, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Court of Justice, the article demonstrates that groups which are being subjected to genocide have a legal right of self-defense. International treaties, Security Council arms embargoes, or national gun control laws cannot lawfully be enforced in a manner which prevents self-defense resistance to a genocide in progress, because under international law, the prohibition against any form of complicity in genocide takes legal precedence over lesser laws. With Paul Gallant & Joanne D. Eisen. In PDF.
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- Brayer: The Absolute Right of Palestinian Resistance – Source
- No. Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
- If Jews in WWII Warsaw would have had rockets: They would have fired them too – by occpal
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.