Head of Palestinian delegation to Cairo Azzam Al-Ahmad said on Friday that “we as Palestinians do not desire to resume escalation, but we have the right to defend ourselves.”Al-Ahmad said: “We have told the Egyptian brothers that we are staying in Cairo until we reach a permanent ceasefire, which includes the return of our rights, lifting the siege on Gaza, guaranteeing a decent life for children and the right not to live under Israeli fire.”
The Palestinian official also criticised the international community, calling it “oppressive” because it sympathised with Israeli civilians for paying the price of this war and not the Palestinians.
Unlike the previous days Al-Ahmad hoped that the coming hours would be “fruitful.” He stressed the need to fulfil Palestinian demands, including lifting the air and sea embargo. He noted that there was a working airport in Gaza and the Palestinian Authority was supposed to start building a seaport in 1999, which was agreed with Israel.
Meanwhile, well-informed Palestinian sources said that the Egyptians attempted to deceive the Palestinian delegation. The source said that the Egyptians agreed on a statement with the Israeli occupation, which is different than the one agreed with the Palestinians.
The Palestinian source told Al-Araby Al-Jadid website on Friday that the Egyptian-Israeli statement included “hollow” terms about a ceasefire agreement and the Egyptians wanted the Palestinian delegation to accept it.
According to the source, the Egyptians introduced the statement to the Palestinians on Thursday under the pretext that Israel would not accept the Palestinian demands. The statement included the halt of aggressive acts from both sides and allowing the entry of aid and construction material to Gaza via international organisations.
Following the Palestinian-Egyptian meeting, the Palestinian delegation held a full meeting and decided to refuse the new Egyptian paper. As the Egyptians refused the Palestinian decision, the Palestinians decided to add their demands to the Egyptian paper.
Palestinian fighting groups in Gaza, including Hamas and Islamic Jihad, blamed the Israeli occupation for the resumption of war and said the occupation did not meet any of the basic Palestinian demands.
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read:
The History of Resistance – The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation (*)
- Special Topic – Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza – A cover-up for settlement activity
- “Slow Death” -International report: Collective punishment of Gaza has reached critical stage – Incl Full Report PDF
- A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
- Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
THE LEGAL RIGHT OF RESISTANCE
81 Notre Dame Law Review1275(2006). Conducting an in-depth study of the genocide in Darfur, Sudan, and also discussing other genocides, this article details the inadequacy of many of the international community’s response to genocides, such as “targeted sanctions” or international peacekeeping forces. Examining international legal authorities such as the Genocide Convention, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Court of Justice, the article demonstrates that groups which are being subjected to genocide have a legal right of self-defense. International treaties, Security Council arms embargoes, or national gun control laws cannot lawfully be enforced in a manner which prevents self-defense resistance to a genocide in progress, because under international law, the prohibition against any form of complicity in genocide takes legal precedence over lesser laws. With Paul Gallant & Joanne D. Eisen. In PDF.
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- Brayer: The Absolute Right of Palestinian Resistance – Source
- No. Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
- If Jews in WWII Warsaw would have had rockets: They would have fired them too – by occpal
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.