An eleven-year-old Palestinian has been shot dead outside his home by Israeli troops near the occupied West Bank city of al-Khalil (Hebron), witnesses and medics say.
Palestinian sources say Mohammed Khalil al-Anati was killed in al-Fawwar refugee camp near al-Khalil on Sunday.
Relatives say the boy was playing outside his home when Israeli troops opened fire on him from a close range.
“Khalil was playing in front of the house, then we heard gunfire. The kid was screaming and fell down,” said Yussef al-Anati, with his shirt soaked in blood after carrying his nephew to hospital.
Medical sources say the boy succumbed to his injuries on the way to hospital.
“He was shot in the back and the bullet exited through his stomach.” Media outlets quoted a Palestinian medic as saying.
This comes as a teenage Palestinian protester was shot dead at a anti-Israeli demonstration in the occupied West Bank city of al-Bireh adjacent to Ramallah on Friday.
Figures show nearly 20 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli soldiers in the West Bank over the past month. Most of them were shot dead during continuous protest rallies against the Israeli onslaught on the besieged Gaza Strip.
Angry Palestinian demonstrators in the West Bank have held numerous protests against Israel since the onslaught against Gaza began more than a month ago.
Israeli soldiers have frequently used live ammunition and plastic bullets to disperse thousands of angry anti-war Palestinian protesters in the occupied region.
Palestinians in the West Bank have said they were out in the streets to show solidarity with their brothers and sisters killed in Gaza.
This comes as the latest Israeli military aggression against Gaza, which began on July 8, has claimed the lives of more than 1,918 Palestinians, including more than 400 children, and wounded about 10,000 others.
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read:
The History of Resistance – The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation (*)
- Special Topic – Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza – A cover-up for settlement activity
- “Slow Death” -International report: Collective punishment of Gaza has reached critical stage – Incl Full Report PDF
- A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
- Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
THE LEGAL RIGHT OF RESISTANCE
81 Notre Dame Law Review1275(2006). Conducting an in-depth study of the genocide in Darfur, Sudan, and also discussing other genocides, this article details the inadequacy of many of the international community’s response to genocides, such as “targeted sanctions” or international peacekeeping forces. Examining international legal authorities such as the Genocide Convention, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Court of Justice, the article demonstrates that groups which are being subjected to genocide have a legal right of self-defense. International treaties, Security Council arms embargoes, or national gun control laws cannot lawfully be enforced in a manner which prevents self-defense resistance to a genocide in progress, because under international law, the prohibition against any form of complicity in genocide takes legal precedence over lesser laws. With Paul Gallant & Joanne D. Eisen. In PDF.
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- Brayer: The Absolute Right of Palestinian Resistance – Source
- No. Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
- If Jews in WWII Warsaw would have had rockets: They would have fired them too – by occpal
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.