As both the US-Israel lobby and the British government continue to fund and arm the indiscriminate killing of yet more civilians in Gaza, (mostly women and children), Christians, Muslims and Jews are asking themselves how it is possible to legitimise the slaughter of so many innocent people on the specious grounds of collateral damage.
It is abundantly clear to most people that this is an odious attempt to fulfil the political agenda of the American-Israel lobby in Washington that requires the ethnic cleansing of both Gaza and the West Bank in order to achieve the aim of Netanyahu’s Likud Party’s charter for a ‘Greater Israel’.
Its strategy is twofold: to abort the establishment of an independent Palestinian state by the continuation of illegal settlements in the West Bank – and by keeping 1.8 million Gazans at just above subsistence level by an illegal blockade of essential supplies including the prohibition on the movement of people and goods by air, sea and road, now in its seventh year.
This is in many respects a more violently repressive regime against an indigenous people than was the abhorrent apartheid one in South Africa. Yet, David Cameron appears more influenced by the CFI Israel lobby in Westminster than by principles of democracy, legality, morality or decency.
The brutality of the IDF against a civilian population in Gaza is anathema to all decent people of whatever ethnic background. The killing of over 1800 totally innocent men, women and children is clearly a war crime and no attempt to avoid responsibility for this act, should be allowed to succeed.
In the circumstances, the Prime Minister should consider his position as the leader of a democratic nation that fought two World Wars against fascism to retain our democratic freedoms that led to our obligations under the Geneva Conventions negotiated in the aftermath of WWII in 1949.
Now that this government has apparently colluded in the violation of these conventions, by supplying arms and equipment to the IDF plus its refusal to condemn the killings, David Cameron should now stand aside to make way for a statesman who will uphold Britain’s democratic values of justice and its compliance with international law and who will prohibit the sale of arms to a state that deliberately targets civilians in order to achieve its political objective.
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read:
The History of Resistance – The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation (*)
- Special Topic – Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza – A cover-up for settlement activity
- “Slow Death” -International report: Collective punishment of Gaza has reached critical stage – Incl Full Report PDF
- A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
- Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
THE LEGAL RIGHT OF RESISTANCE
81 Notre Dame Law Review1275(2006). Conducting an in-depth study of the genocide in Darfur, Sudan, and also discussing other genocides, this article details the inadequacy of many of the international community’s response to genocides, such as “targeted sanctions” or international peacekeeping forces. Examining international legal authorities such as the Genocide Convention, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Court of Justice, the article demonstrates that groups which are being subjected to genocide have a legal right of self-defense. International treaties, Security Council arms embargoes, or national gun control laws cannot lawfully be enforced in a manner which prevents self-defense resistance to a genocide in progress, because under international law, the prohibition against any form of complicity in genocide takes legal precedence over lesser laws. With Paul Gallant & Joanne D. Eisen. In PDF.
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- Brayer: The Absolute Right of Palestinian Resistance – Source
- No. Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
- If Jews in WWII Warsaw would have had rockets: They would have fired them too – by occpal
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.