Infant dies of earlier wound in Gaza
Palestinian medical sources reported that a young Palestinian man was killed on Monday, at dawn, by an Israeli “Energa” shell fired on a home in Qabalan village, south of the northern West Bank city of Nablus. Several Palestinians have been injured.
The sources said the slain Palestinian has been identified as Zakariyya al-Aqra’, 24.
Head of the Qabalan local council, Hisham al-Az’ar, said the army surrounded a home in the town, and fired several “Energa” shells into it, killing the young man, and wounding at least eight others, including women and children.
The soldiers also kidnapped the al-Aqra’s brother, Bilal, and another young man, identified as ‘Ala Hasan Abdul-Rahim.
Al-Az’ar stated that dozens of soldiers invaded the area, surrounded the home of resident Sohaib al-‘Emla, and demolished part of it before firing the shells into it.
The Radio Bethlehem 2000 said that dozens of soldiers, armored vehicles and two military bulldozers, invaded the area, and demolished part of the home.
It added that at least eight Palestinians, including five family members, have been injured by Israeli army fire and shells.
Two undercover Israeli soldiers have been mildly injured during a fire exchange with al-Aqra’, Israeli sources said.
The army claims the armed clash with the Palestinian lasted for a few hours.
Israel alleges al-Aqra’ shot and seriously injured an Israeli soldier around two weeks ago, as the army was preparing to invade Qabalan.
Since then, the army has been conducting daily invasions and attacks in the town.
Also on Monday, the Ministry of Health in Gaza, said a Palestinian infant, 45 days of age, died of recent serious injuries suffered after the army bombarded her family home, in Central Gaza.
She has been identified as Maida’ Mohammad Aslan, 45 days of age.
Your donation helps keep the IMEMC FREE and INDEPENDENT
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read:
The History of Resistance – The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation (*)
- Special Topic – Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza – A cover-up for settlement activity
- “Slow Death” -International report: Collective punishment of Gaza has reached critical stage – Incl Full Report PDF
- A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
- Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
THE LEGAL RIGHT OF RESISTANCE
81 Notre Dame Law Review1275(2006). Conducting an in-depth study of the genocide in Darfur, Sudan, and also discussing other genocides, this article details the inadequacy of many of the international community’s response to genocides, such as “targeted sanctions” or international peacekeeping forces. Examining international legal authorities such as the Genocide Convention, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Court of Justice, the article demonstrates that groups which are being subjected to genocide have a legal right of self-defense. International treaties, Security Council arms embargoes, or national gun control laws cannot lawfully be enforced in a manner which prevents self-defense resistance to a genocide in progress, because under international law, the prohibition against any form of complicity in genocide takes legal precedence over lesser laws. With Paul Gallant & Joanne D. Eisen. In PDF.
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- Brayer: The Absolute Right of Palestinian Resistance – Source
- No. Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
- If Jews in WWII Warsaw would have had rockets: They would have fired them too – by occpal
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.