Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Thursday evening that the Israeli army would not end the military aggression waged on the Gaza Strip, which Israel has dubbed as “Operation Protective Edge”, before achieving Israel’s goals, Anadolu news agency reported.Netanyahu’s remarks came during a meeting with the heads of local councils in the southern settlements in Israel near the border with the Gaza Strip, according to a press statement issued by his office.
Meanwhile, thousands of Israelis protested against the ceasefire on Thursday evening in Tel Aviv, demanding the government to finish its campaign in the Gaza Strip.
Anadolu quoted Netanyahu as saying that: “The Israeli army launched ‘Operation Protective Edge’ after Hamas resumed its rocket fire on southern towns. Our policy is clear and consistent: we respond forcefully to the rocket fire and started this military operation in order to enhance the security of citizens in general and especially your security,” before adding: “We will not finish ‘Operation Protective Edge’ before we achieve our goals: to restore calm and security to Israeli citizens for an extended period by leaving significant damage to the infrastructure of terrorism.”
He continued: “The Israeli army responded strongly last weekend and hit more than 160 goals in all parts of the Gaza Strip in response to mortar fire on our towns.”
The prime minister then explained that the Israeli army completed the destruction of the tunnels system, which Hamas used to launch attacks on southern towns.
He concluded by saying: “Since the first day of the operation, I designated my office manager Harel Locker to make sure that your needs are met during the course of the military operation, instead of waiting until the end.”
For his part, head of Shaar Hanegev regional council Alon Schuster said: “I also feel that a change has occurred this summer and we stand in one row, which is clear for all citizens and the government, and we will not go back to the reality that prevailed here for 13 years.”
He warned that, “if the Palestinian factions in Gaza do not agree to this change, a big war will break out here and then the situation will improve.”
The Palestinian chief negotiator, Azzam Al-Ahmad, announced on Thursday that the Palestinian and Israeli sides had agreed to extend the ceasefire in Gaza, previously scheduled to expire on Wednesday at midnight, for an additional five days to continue their indirect talks in Cairo.
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read:
The History of Resistance – The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation (*)
- Special Topic – Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza – A cover-up for settlement activity
- “Slow Death” -International report: Collective punishment of Gaza has reached critical stage – Incl Full Report PDF
- A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
- Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
THE LEGAL RIGHT OF RESISTANCE
81 Notre Dame Law Review1275(2006). Conducting an in-depth study of the genocide in Darfur, Sudan, and also discussing other genocides, this article details the inadequacy of many of the international community’s response to genocides, such as “targeted sanctions” or international peacekeeping forces. Examining international legal authorities such as the Genocide Convention, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Court of Justice, the article demonstrates that groups which are being subjected to genocide have a legal right of self-defense. International treaties, Security Council arms embargoes, or national gun control laws cannot lawfully be enforced in a manner which prevents self-defense resistance to a genocide in progress, because under international law, the prohibition against any form of complicity in genocide takes legal precedence over lesser laws. With Paul Gallant & Joanne D. Eisen. In PDF.
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- Brayer: The Absolute Right of Palestinian Resistance – Source
- No. Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
- If Jews in WWII Warsaw would have had rockets: They would have fired them too – by occpal
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.