A Palestinian demonstrator carries a burning tire during clashes with Israeli soldiers near the Palestinian town of al-Bireh on August 9, 2014.
A series of fierce clashes have erupted in the occupied West Bank between Israeli forces and Palestinians who are rallying in support of Gaza.
Friday’s mass demonstrations are underway across the West Bank city of Bethlehem and other cities in solidarity with the Palestinian resistance in the Gaza Strip.
This comes as Palestinians have dubbed Friday “the Day of Rage.”
The angry protesters rallied against Israel’s deadly onslaught on Palestinians in the coastal Strip which began on July 8.
The rallies turned violent in al-Khalil (Hebron) and Bethlehem where Israeli forces clashed with the protesters and used tear gas against them.
Figures show at least 22 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli soldiers in the West Bank over the past few weeks. Most of them were shot dead during continuous protest rallies against the Israeli offensive in the besieged Gaza Strip.
Israeli soldiers have frequently used live ammunition and plastic bullets to disperse thousands of angry anti-war Palestinian protesters in the occupied region.
Palestinian human rights groups say Israeli forces are systematically killing Palestinian children and youths in the occupied West Bank.
The rights groups say there is a growing trend among Israeli soldiers to hit Palestinian children and youths.
They have also documented several instances of Palestinian youths who have been shot dead by Israeli troops in recent days across the region.
Over 1,962 Palestinians, including 470 children, have lost their lives and more than 10,100 have been wounded since the Israeli military unleashed fatal assaults on the Gaza Strip more than a month ago.
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read:
The History of Resistance – The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation (*)
- Special Topic – Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza – A cover-up for settlement activity
- “Slow Death” -International report: Collective punishment of Gaza has reached critical stage – Incl Full Report PDF
- A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
- Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
THE LEGAL RIGHT OF RESISTANCE
81 Notre Dame Law Review1275(2006). Conducting an in-depth study of the genocide in Darfur, Sudan, and also discussing other genocides, this article details the inadequacy of many of the international community’s response to genocides, such as “targeted sanctions” or international peacekeeping forces. Examining international legal authorities such as the Genocide Convention, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Court of Justice, the article demonstrates that groups which are being subjected to genocide have a legal right of self-defense. International treaties, Security Council arms embargoes, or national gun control laws cannot lawfully be enforced in a manner which prevents self-defense resistance to a genocide in progress, because under international law, the prohibition against any form of complicity in genocide takes legal precedence over lesser laws. With Paul Gallant & Joanne D. Eisen. In PDF.
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- Brayer: The Absolute Right of Palestinian Resistance – Source
- No. Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
- If Jews in WWII Warsaw would have had rockets: They would have fired them too – by occpal
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.