Aug 17, 2014 by occpal | Last update Aug 22, 2014
Currently a so called ‘humanitarian ceasefire’ is in force. But not really. Israel keeps violating ceasefires as usual and structurally.
The previous truce agreement was violated at least 287 times. A complete overview of fully documented attacks can be found here.
Important to know…
Whether media buzzes about a ‘ceasefire’ in force, Israel kills many more by deliberate deprivation, policies, and all thinkable ways of genocide by proxy in Gaza causing ‘slow but certain death’. Media seldom launching ceasefire-violations by Israel is also complicit in burying reports of deliberate near starvation policies since 2006. Excess death and collective punishment of 1.8 Million people in Gaza and it’s effects is described by Israeli NGO GISHA’s report: Slow Death of Gaza
Not only in Gaza, but also in West Bank infringement of basic human rights has lead to widely unknown death toll. Read about ‘Avoidable mortality‘ and results of Israeli policies (research by Dr. Gideon P0lya who can be followed at twitter @DrGideonPolya)
Keep challenging your media
Main Stream Media silencing real facts about the magnitude of the collective policies imposed on Palestinians is solely launching articles when another rocket comes from Gaza. But slams mum about the systematical genocide on Palestinians which is taking place since 1937 nor is it reporting on the severe violations of Israel’s obligations as an occupier under international law
Keep asking your local or main stream media why they do not report on the direct violations of ceasefires and/or about excess death and slow genocide by proxy which will only halt by ending the siege on Gaza completely.
Keep up to date:
Aug 22, 2014
Israeli official admits to have violated the ceasefire in Israeli media:
- Israeli False Pretences for Renewal of Gaza Offensive – MOH Gaza – Aug 22, 2014
Aug 20, 2014
Hamas: Israel violated truce after false claim 3 rockets were fired
Ma’an News Agency | Aug 20, 2014 21:50
BETHLEHEM (Ma’an) — A Hamas spokesman on Wednesday accused Israel of having violated the temporary ceasefire on Tuesday, saying that Israel had failed to offer a serious partner for peace in ongoing negotiations in Cairo.
Hamas spokesman Moussa Abu Marzouq told Ma’an via telephone on Wednesday that Israel “ended the truce and claimed that three rockets hit Israel, which Hamas had no information about.”
Abu Marzouq added that “all options” are on the table now, saying that the group was ready for peace but was not afraid of continuing to defend itself if Israel continued to choose war.
“All options are open now: a new truce, keeping the war going, or signing an agreement,” he added.
He said that Egypt is currently making efforts with both sides as part of ongoing attempts to reach a lasting agreement to bring to an end a six-week Israeli assault that has left more than 2,040 Palestinians dead.
“We presented a new proposal (that offered) the least of our rights to the Egyptian side, who gave it to the Israelis yesterday. Instead of responding, they were ordered to leave,” Abu Marzouq he said.
Abu Marzouq said that Israel had failed in negotiations and that on Wednesday they attempted to assassinate the military leader of Hamas’ military wing, Muhammad Deif, but had failed.
Indirect negotiations between Palestinians and Israel have failed to achieve results, with Hamas accusing Israel repeatedly of “stalling” and refusing to make any concessions.
Palestinians have demanded that Israel end its eight-year blockade of the Gaza Strip, which has crippled the tiny coastal enclave’s economy and led to widespread suffering.
Israel, however, has demanded Gaza demilitarize, a demand that Palestinian resistance groups have scoffed at.
For the context:
- Failure in Cairo ~ by Stephen Lendman
- Are the Rocket Attacks Which Break Israeli Ceasefires False Flags? ~ Global Research – Aug 20, 2014
Aug 19, 2014
- Live Blog Israel Sabotaging Negotiations = Aug 19, 2014
- Israel resumes airstrikes on Gaza in new violation of 24-hour truce mediated in Cairo – PressTV – Aug 19, 2014
- Israel kills several in new strikes on Gaza after Tel Aviv violation of Ceasefire -Palestine Info Center – Aug 20, 2014
- Gaza truce fail: Israeli airstrikes kill 5yo child, Hamas barrages Tel Aviv – Russia Today – Aug 20, 2014
- Gaza war resumes with deadly Israeli strikes, 10 killed – World Bulleting – Aug 20, 2014
Aug 18, 2014
#WatchIsrael | Despite Temporary Ceasefire, Shooting Continues in Gaza & West Bank – IMEMC News – Aug 18, 2014
Aug 17, 2014
- #WatchIsrael | Ceasefire Violation | Israel shells Khan Younis – IslamTimes _ Aug 17, 2014
Aug 16, 2014
Aug 15, 2014
- Israel breaches 5 day cesefire – Palestinian Info Center – Aug 15, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Aug 13, 2014
· At approximately 09:00, Israeli gunboats stationed opposite to Rafah seashore opened fired at Palestinian fishing boats. Palestinian fishermen were forced to sail back to the beach. No casualties were reported. (Source report PCHR)
Aug 12, 2014
- At approximately 12:00, Israeli gunboats stationed opposite to Rafah seashore opened fired at Palestinian fishing boats. Palestinian fishermen were forced to sail back to the beach. No casualties were reported. (Source report PCHR)
- At approximately 15:30, medical sources declared that a member of a Palestinian armed group, 36, died of wounds he had sustained by Israeli bombardment on 01 August 2014. It should be noted that Israeli warplane bombarded and destroyed his family’s house on the first day of the Israeli offensive on the Gaza Strip. (Source report PCHR)
- Israeli Navy Boats Open Fire On Fishers In Rafah – IMEMC – Aug 12, 2014
Aug 9, 2014
Aug 6, 2014
Aug 4, 2014
- Israeli forces ‘shell Beit Hanoun’ despite truce – Ma’an News Agency _ Aug 4, 2014
Aug 1, 2014
- VIDEO : Israel violates 3-day ceasefire – PressTV – aug 1, 2014
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read:
The History of Resistance – The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation (*)
- Special Topic – Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza – A cover-up for settlement activity
- “Slow Death” -International report: Collective punishment of Gaza has reached critical stage – Incl Full Report PDF
- A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
- Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
THE LEGAL RIGHT OF RESISTANCE
81 Notre Dame Law Review1275(2006). Conducting an in-depth study of the genocide in Darfur, Sudan, and also discussing other genocides, this article details the inadequacy of many of the international community’s response to genocides, such as “targeted sanctions” or international peacekeeping forces. Examining international legal authorities such as the Genocide Convention, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Court of Justice, the article demonstrates that groups which are being subjected to genocide have a legal right of self-defense. International treaties, Security Council arms embargoes, or national gun control laws cannot lawfully be enforced in a manner which prevents self-defense resistance to a genocide in progress, because under international law, the prohibition against any form of complicity in genocide takes legal precedence over lesser laws. With Paul Gallant & Joanne D. Eisen. In PDF.
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- Brayer: The Absolute Right of Palestinian Resistance – Source
- No. Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
- If Jews in WWII Warsaw would have had rockets: They would have fired them too – by occpal
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.