Israel announces expansion of Gaza fishing zone as a ‘goodwill gesture’
Israel has placed 10 new Palestinian prisoners under arbitrary administrative detention, a procedure which allows the military to hold individuals indefinitely, without charge or trial and, often, under severe conditions which the rest of the prison population is not subject to.
According to the PNN, the Palestinian Prisoners’ Cub recently stated that the number of prisoners who have been placed under administrative detention, since mid-June, has increased to 288.
The ten new prisoners have been identified as:
1. Zia Faroun, 6 months
2. Hashim Humaydan, 6 months.
3. Mohammed Hassaniyeh, 6 months.
4. Mohammed Harizat, 6 months.
5. Yasser Abu Dahuk, 4 months.
6. Musab al-Nasser, 6 months.
7. Adham Ajlouni, 6 months.
8. Harbi Ajlouni, 6 months.
9. Saadi Alotrash, 6 months.
10. Sajid al-Lukta, 4 months.
Over 800,000 Palestinians, including children, have been kidnapped and imprisoned by Israel since the illegal 1967 occupation, while over 5,000 Palestinians were currently being held by Israel, as of May of this year.
In a simultaneous and ironic gesture of “good will” in compliance with Palestinian demands, the Israeli delegation to Cairo has informed the Egyptians about a decision to expand the fishing area for Palestinians in the Gaza Strip, according to Haaretz.
After Hamas, by way of democratic election, took control of the region in 2006, Israel unilaterally reduced the fishing zone to six miles offshore. Now, they have announced their willingness to expand the zone as a “goodwill gesture”.
The Israeli newspaper added that the decision aims to contribute to the improvement of negotiations, which resumed Sunday between the Palestinian and Israeli officials in Cairo.
This announcement comes amid rumors that Israel has intentions to take unilateral steps if negotiations fail. Haaretz also stated, according to the PNN, that the Israeli delegation will not compromise on issues such as the opening of an airport, which the Palestinians consider as a basic condition for a lasting truce.
The Israelis also declared their intention to respond with severity, should any rockets be fired towards Israel from the Gaza Strip.
See also — Abu Marzook: “Netanyahu is Obstructing Ceasefire Talks”
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read:
The History of Resistance – The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation (*)
- Special Topic – Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza – A cover-up for settlement activity
- “Slow Death” -International report: Collective punishment of Gaza has reached critical stage – Incl Full Report PDF
- A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
- Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
THE LEGAL RIGHT OF RESISTANCE
81 Notre Dame Law Review1275(2006). Conducting an in-depth study of the genocide in Darfur, Sudan, and also discussing other genocides, this article details the inadequacy of many of the international community’s response to genocides, such as “targeted sanctions” or international peacekeeping forces. Examining international legal authorities such as the Genocide Convention, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Court of Justice, the article demonstrates that groups which are being subjected to genocide have a legal right of self-defense. International treaties, Security Council arms embargoes, or national gun control laws cannot lawfully be enforced in a manner which prevents self-defense resistance to a genocide in progress, because under international law, the prohibition against any form of complicity in genocide takes legal precedence over lesser laws. With Paul Gallant & Joanne D. Eisen. In PDF.
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- Brayer: The Absolute Right of Palestinian Resistance – Source
- No. Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
- If Jews in WWII Warsaw would have had rockets: They would have fired them too – by occpal
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.