Fight Back News Service is circulating the following Aug. 17 statement from the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP):
PFLP vows to work to rebuild homes as delegation visits Khuza’a and Shuja’iya
A leadership delegation of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine continued its visits to neighborhoods and villages hit hard by the Zionist assault on the Gaza Strip on Saturday, August 16. The delegation, including members of the Political Bureau and Central Committee, visited Khan Younis and villages and towns in the eastern regions, including Khuza’a, and Abasan, and homes that were destroyed by the occupation forces, including Abu Taama and Abu Daqqah homes east of Khan Younis.
The delegation also met with families of the martyrs in the area, including the familes of the martyrs Ra’afat Shahin, Raafat Zourob, Farid Ahmed, Ahmed Ahmed, Nael Abu Libdeh, Anas Abu Shamala and many others. and also visited the families of martyrs and wounded people in Rafah.Delegation members witnessed the scope of the destruction of houses, farms, agricultural land and infrastructure. Many people of the area relayed their and their families’ experience of death and destruction in the indiscriminate shelling by occupation forces, which was focused on the homes and people in the eastern neighborhoods and towns of the Gaza Strip.
Continuing its visits, the delegation travelled to Zeitoun neighborhood, Bureij, and Shujaiya, saying that “if one wants to know the true face of the enemy, visit Shujaiya neighborhood – these areas reflect the clear truth of its nature.”
The delegation commended the steadfastness and heroism of the brave resistance that confronted the killing machines, tanks and soldiers of the enemy, inflicting many losses. The people of these villages suffered greatly from the occupation’s brutal shelling and missiles on the areas, displacing families, and killing and wounding many. They said that this massive devastation and brutal crimes will only lead Palestinians to continue to stand fast to confront the colonizer and defeat this criminal enemy.
The Front pledged to stand with and work actively to ensure the homes and infrastructure of the area are rebuilt, and to work with the relevant authorities to ensure the restoration of electricity, water and other necessities of life.
They conveyed the greetings of the Political Bureau, including imprisoned General Secretary Comrade Ahmad Sa’adat, his deputy, Abu Ahmad Fouad, to the heroic masses of the Palestinian people and the families who have lost loved ones, suffered injuries, are displaced, whose homes are destroyed, saluting their legendary steadfastness in the face of a genocidal war machine directed at the great Palestinian people in the Gaza Strip.
The Front’s organizations, youth, labor and other networks and community institutions are also continuing their social solidarity and relief campaign, “We Are All Resistance,” including distributing food parcels, blankets, mattresses, emergency needs and organizing activities to support displaced people.
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read:
The History of Resistance – The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation (*)
- Special Topic – Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza – A cover-up for settlement activity
- “Slow Death” -International report: Collective punishment of Gaza has reached critical stage – Incl Full Report PDF
- A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
- Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
THE LEGAL RIGHT OF RESISTANCE
81 Notre Dame Law Review1275(2006). Conducting an in-depth study of the genocide in Darfur, Sudan, and also discussing other genocides, this article details the inadequacy of many of the international community’s response to genocides, such as “targeted sanctions” or international peacekeeping forces. Examining international legal authorities such as the Genocide Convention, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Court of Justice, the article demonstrates that groups which are being subjected to genocide have a legal right of self-defense. International treaties, Security Council arms embargoes, or national gun control laws cannot lawfully be enforced in a manner which prevents self-defense resistance to a genocide in progress, because under international law, the prohibition against any form of complicity in genocide takes legal precedence over lesser laws. With Paul Gallant & Joanne D. Eisen. In PDF.
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- Brayer: The Absolute Right of Palestinian Resistance – Source
- No. Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
- If Jews in WWII Warsaw would have had rockets: They would have fired them too – by occpal
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.