According to Al Ray, eyewitnesses said that tension prevailed among Palestinian worshipers, while settlers toured al-Aqsa courtyards and took photos.
Palestinians chanted “Allahu Akbar (God is Greatest)” in their outrage against the invasion.
Israeli forces again prevented worshippers under the age of 50 from entering the mosque, in a violation of Palestinian freedom which has now become routine, in recent months.
Search IMEMC: “al aqsa mosque” for further info.
Israeli settlers assaulted two Palestinians in two separate incidents in West Jerusalem, on Sunday, while they were at their place of work, according to media sources.
On Sunday morning, WAFA has reported that a group of settlers assaulted one Palestinian individual while he was at his workplace, all the while chanting anti-Arab slogans, such as ‘death to Arabs’.
Earlier in the night, settlers targeted a Palestinian taxi driver after stopping his car, upon which they verbally assaulted him, beat him and sprayed him with pepper gas.
Over 550,000 colonial settlers now live in continually expanding developments across the region, in contravention of international laws to which Israel is signatory.
At the same time, Palestinians are rarely given building permits, as Israeli settlements continue to divide and disenfranchise Palestinian communities in massive increments. Homes and villages are bulldozed to the ground, leaving entire families displaced; agricultural establishments are damaged or destroyed entirely, turning what remains of Palestinian communities into isolated ghettos, even for those holding Israeli citizenship.
Settler violence against Palestinians and their property is common througout both Israel and the occupied Palestinian territories, often in conjunction with either the failure of police and military to uphold the law or their full-on backing thereof.
On Sunday, at dawn, three Palestinians were abducted during ongoing raids in different parts of the occupied West Bank.
Israeli TV Channel 7 said, according to Al Ray, that the Israeli army arrested a Hamas activist in Hebron, one citizen from Bethlehem and another in Qalqilya.
Security sources said the Israeli forces carried out security check-ins in many neighborhoods in the West Bank.
Clashes between Israeli forces and Palestinian youth were also reported in the village of al-Jalma, in Jenin.
A number of Palestinian citizens suffered from tear gas inhalation, while serving one youth, named Hisham Jarar, with a summons to meet them at Salem military camp.
See also: 10 New Prisoners Placed Under Israeli Administrative Detention
Your donation helps keep the IMEMC FREE and INDEPENDENT
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read:
The History of Resistance – The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation (*)
- Special Topic – Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza – A cover-up for settlement activity
- “Slow Death” -International report: Collective punishment of Gaza has reached critical stage – Incl Full Report PDF
- A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
- Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
THE LEGAL RIGHT OF RESISTANCE
81 Notre Dame Law Review1275(2006). Conducting an in-depth study of the genocide in Darfur, Sudan, and also discussing other genocides, this article details the inadequacy of many of the international community’s response to genocides, such as “targeted sanctions” or international peacekeeping forces. Examining international legal authorities such as the Genocide Convention, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Court of Justice, the article demonstrates that groups which are being subjected to genocide have a legal right of self-defense. International treaties, Security Council arms embargoes, or national gun control laws cannot lawfully be enforced in a manner which prevents self-defense resistance to a genocide in progress, because under international law, the prohibition against any form of complicity in genocide takes legal precedence over lesser laws. With Paul Gallant & Joanne D. Eisen. In PDF.
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- Brayer: The Absolute Right of Palestinian Resistance – Source
- No. Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
- If Jews in WWII Warsaw would have had rockets: They would have fired them too – by occpal
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.