“The residents of Israeli cities and settlements close to the Gaza Strip will not return to their homes until Hamas, and not the Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu, lets them,” Hamas’ spokesperson Sami Abu Zuhri said.”Netanyahu lies to his people by saying that he will gain victory. The truth is that the Palestinian resistance has won,” Abu Zuhri said during a rally held in Gaza in support of Palestinian factions.
“We reiterate what we previously said – we did not initiate this war; Israel did. Before Israel started the war we said we are not interested in an escalation, but the war was imposed on us. We promised that it will not be like previous wars, and it wasn’t. The resistance will continue to stand against them [the Israelis].”
He noted that Hamas’ priority is to reach a permanent ceasefire agreement, but Israel has to stop delaying.
“Either an agreement that honours us and our demands, or no agreement at all. The enemy needs to be ready for the repercussions of failing to reach an agreement,” he added.
Abu Zuhri said that it is impossible to disarm the resistance, warning that Hamas’ members are ready to sacrifice their lives for the resistance.
Egypt is currently hosting a new round of negotiations between Israel and Palestinian factions in the hope of reaching an agreement for a permanent ceasefire, in light of a temporary truce that started on Thursday and is set to end today.
Palestinian and Israeli statements show that there is a gap between the demands of the two sides.
Israel launched an assault on Gaza on July 7 which it called “Operation Protective Edge”. Some 2,016 Palestinians, mainly civilians, have been killed during the attacks and a further 10,193 have been injured, according to official Palestinian figures.
According to Israel, 64 Israeli soldiers and three civilians have been killed and 1,008 others were injured, including 651 soldiers and 357 civilians.Follow @MiddleEastMnt
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read:
The History of Resistance – The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation (*)
- Special Topic – Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza – A cover-up for settlement activity
- “Slow Death” -International report: Collective punishment of Gaza has reached critical stage – Incl Full Report PDF
- A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
- Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
THE LEGAL RIGHT OF RESISTANCE
81 Notre Dame Law Review1275(2006). Conducting an in-depth study of the genocide in Darfur, Sudan, and also discussing other genocides, this article details the inadequacy of many of the international community’s response to genocides, such as “targeted sanctions” or international peacekeeping forces. Examining international legal authorities such as the Genocide Convention, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Court of Justice, the article demonstrates that groups which are being subjected to genocide have a legal right of self-defense. International treaties, Security Council arms embargoes, or national gun control laws cannot lawfully be enforced in a manner which prevents self-defense resistance to a genocide in progress, because under international law, the prohibition against any form of complicity in genocide takes legal precedence over lesser laws. With Paul Gallant & Joanne D. Eisen. In PDF.
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- Brayer: The Absolute Right of Palestinian Resistance – Source
- No. Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
- If Jews in WWII Warsaw would have had rockets: They would have fired them too – by occpal
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.