Photo shows buildings destroyed during Israel’s offensive against Gaza in the Al-Shaas neighborhood, in the north of the Gaza Strip, August 16, 2014.
Two Palestinian human rights groups have called for an investigation into the Israeli attacks that have wiped out families in Gaza.
“What is significant in this war compared to previous experience are the heavy attacks on families,” said Hamdi Shaqqura, the deputy director of the Palestinian Center for Human Rights.
“You have dozens of families smashed. Sometimes no single family member is left. There are hundreds of cases and everyone is very significant,” he said.
Mahmoud Abu Rahma, a director at Al-Mezan human rights group, also stressed that direct attacks on buildings are regarded as serious breaches of international law and “may amount to war crimes.”
The rights body also said that at least 871 cases of houses having been damaged or destroyed have been recorded during Israel’s recent aggression against Gaza, resulting in the death of 908 people.
In one case, Israeli forces arrested seven male members of a family and took them to a facility at Erez border crossing on July 17. They were then freed without any charge after three days, but they could not return home due to Israel’s fierce attacks. That left eight other members of the Wahdan family in their house. The night before a ceasefire being announced, Israeli troops ordered the eight to stay at home during the truce period.
“I talked to them on the phone at nine o’clock in the evening and the Israelis had left the area 10 minutes before and told them not to move, to stay in the house,” said Amin Zaki Wahdan, one of the family member arrested by Israeli forces.
The house, however, was attacked and completely destroyed during the ceasefire.
The Israeli military aggression has taken the lives of more than 2,000 Palestinians, mostly civilians, and wounded over 10,200 others in Gaza since July 8.
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read:
The History of Resistance – The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation (*)
- Special Topic – Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza – A cover-up for settlement activity
- “Slow Death” -International report: Collective punishment of Gaza has reached critical stage – Incl Full Report PDF
- A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
- Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
THE LEGAL RIGHT OF RESISTANCE
81 Notre Dame Law Review1275(2006). Conducting an in-depth study of the genocide in Darfur, Sudan, and also discussing other genocides, this article details the inadequacy of many of the international community’s response to genocides, such as “targeted sanctions” or international peacekeeping forces. Examining international legal authorities such as the Genocide Convention, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Court of Justice, the article demonstrates that groups which are being subjected to genocide have a legal right of self-defense. International treaties, Security Council arms embargoes, or national gun control laws cannot lawfully be enforced in a manner which prevents self-defense resistance to a genocide in progress, because under international law, the prohibition against any form of complicity in genocide takes legal precedence over lesser laws. With Paul Gallant & Joanne D. Eisen. In PDF.
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- Brayer: The Absolute Right of Palestinian Resistance – Source
- No. Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
- If Jews in WWII Warsaw would have had rockets: They would have fired them too – by occpal
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.