UNRWA Commissioner-General Pierre Krähenbühl stressed the necessity of conducting an investigation into the strikes on the UN schools in Gaza during Israel’s assault on the enclave.During a press conference held in Gaza yesterday, Krähenbühl said that UNRWA strongly condemns the strikes on schools where civilians had sought refuge after fleeing their homes.
Since the launch of “Operation Protective Edge” on July 7, the Israeli army raided three UNRWA refugee centres, which resulted in the death of 41 Palestinians and the injury of at least 500 others, according to the Palestinian Health Ministry.
Krähenbühl noted that UNRWA is currently providing aid to some 800,000 Palestinian refugees across the Gaza Strip.
He stressed that UNRWA will not disappoint the Palestinian people and will continue to stand by them in all circumstances.
He said that he saw complete destruction of cities and entire neighbourhoods in Gaza, where 1.8 million Palestinians live, especially in the southern town of Khuzaa, Beit Hanoun in the north, and the Shujaya neighbourhood. He called for rebuilding Gaza and for an immediate end to the blockade.
Egypt is currently hosting a new round of talks between Israel and the Palestinian factions in the hope of reaching an agreement on a permanent ceasefire amid the temporary truce that started on Thursday and ends today.
As of yet, negotiations have not led to an end to the Israeli war on Gaza, but it only extended the truce, for the third time, to allow for negotiations over both sides’ demands.
Some 2,016 Palestinians, mainly civilians, have been killed during Israel’s attack on the Strip, a further 10,193 people were injured, according to official Palestinian figures
Official Israeli statements revealed that 64 Israeli soldiers and three Israeli civilians were killed, in addition to the injury of 1,008 Israelis, who include 651 soldiers and 357 civilians.
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read:
The History of Resistance – The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation (*)
- Special Topic – Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza – A cover-up for settlement activity
- “Slow Death” -International report: Collective punishment of Gaza has reached critical stage – Incl Full Report PDF
- A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
- Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
THE LEGAL RIGHT OF RESISTANCE
81 Notre Dame Law Review1275(2006). Conducting an in-depth study of the genocide in Darfur, Sudan, and also discussing other genocides, this article details the inadequacy of many of the international community’s response to genocides, such as “targeted sanctions” or international peacekeeping forces. Examining international legal authorities such as the Genocide Convention, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Court of Justice, the article demonstrates that groups which are being subjected to genocide have a legal right of self-defense. International treaties, Security Council arms embargoes, or national gun control laws cannot lawfully be enforced in a manner which prevents self-defense resistance to a genocide in progress, because under international law, the prohibition against any form of complicity in genocide takes legal precedence over lesser laws. With Paul Gallant & Joanne D. Eisen. In PDF.
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- Brayer: The Absolute Right of Palestinian Resistance – Source
- No. Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
- If Jews in WWII Warsaw would have had rockets: They would have fired them too – by occpal
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.