WEST BANK, (PIC)– 93 alleged Hamas operatives were arrested in the West Bank and Occupied Jerusalem over the past few months for suspected involvement in the setting up of a network of armed cells run by Turkey-based Hamas leader Salah al-Arouri, Shin Bet intelligence apparatus claimed Monday.
The Israeli Channel 10 said the cell members were planning to carry out “suicide attacks” against the Israeli occupation, launch hostage-taking operations against soldiers, and establish ordnance stockrooms.
According to a statement released by Shin Bet, the captives of the West-Bank- and Jerusalem-based Hamas cell were arrested between May and August and were restocked with arms and Hamas-backed funds.
The Israeli channel said the projected attacks were orchestrated by al-Arouri, who has been in charge of the West Bank file ever since his deportation in 2010.
The list of Hamas captives includes ex-prisoner Mahmoud Abu Daoud, who claimed responsibility for the staffing of armed cells to carry out retaliatory attacks staged in response to Israeli rocket fire against Gaza civilians.
Shin Bet dubbed the newly captured cell as the “largest and most threatening ever”, claiming its presence is a sign of the risks laid by Hamas’ determination to carry out its strategic goals.” It also said that the cell was part of a Hamas plan to overthrow the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank.
Along the same line, an official Ramallah-based Hamas source denied, in a statement to Anadolu News Agency, having been involved in plans to topple the Palestinian Authority (PA), calling such claims “mere no-nonsense and malevolent attempts to disband the unity of the Palestinian factions.”
“Riadh Nasser, Sheikh Jamal al-Tawil, Sheikh Salah Bkirat, among many other Hamas blacklisted leaders, are religious community leaders,” the source, who wished to remain anonymous, added.
“Rumors about plans to hold sway over the West Bank and overthrow the PA are counterfeited claims aimed at striking a blow at the unified Palestinian position in Cairo truce talks,” the same source maintained.
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read:
The History of Resistance – The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation (*)
- Special Topic – Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza – A cover-up for settlement activity
- “Slow Death” -International report: Collective punishment of Gaza has reached critical stage – Incl Full Report PDF
- A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
- Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
THE LEGAL RIGHT OF RESISTANCE
81 Notre Dame Law Review1275(2006). Conducting an in-depth study of the genocide in Darfur, Sudan, and also discussing other genocides, this article details the inadequacy of many of the international community’s response to genocides, such as “targeted sanctions” or international peacekeeping forces. Examining international legal authorities such as the Genocide Convention, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Court of Justice, the article demonstrates that groups which are being subjected to genocide have a legal right of self-defense. International treaties, Security Council arms embargoes, or national gun control laws cannot lawfully be enforced in a manner which prevents self-defense resistance to a genocide in progress, because under international law, the prohibition against any form of complicity in genocide takes legal precedence over lesser laws. With Paul Gallant & Joanne D. Eisen. In PDF.
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- Brayer: The Absolute Right of Palestinian Resistance – Source
- No. Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
- If Jews in WWII Warsaw would have had rockets: They would have fired them too – by occpal
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.