OCCUPIED JERUSALEM, (PIC)– Yedioth Ahronoth newspaper claimed on Tuesday that the US and Israel agreed in camera on steps to end the blockade on the Gaza Strip gradually by opening crossings.
The newspaper quoted Israeli official sources in occupied Jerusalem as saying that US secretary of state John Kerry is due to arrive in Israel next week to reiterate his country’s support for Israel and premier Benjamin Netanyahu, and to show that the relationship between the two allies has never been in crisis.
According to the same sources, the US and Israel decided that Israel should gradually lift its blockade on Gaza, starting with the land crossings and eventually opening up sea traffic.
During this secret meeting, Israel has been convinced to allow the transfer of salaries to the Palestinian authority civil servants who are affiliated with Hamas in Gaza and facilitate international efforts to reconstruct Gaza.
As for Gaza’s demilitarization, this issue will not be tabled in the talks underway in Cairo, though the US will support Israel’s diplomatic moves to prevent Hamas and other Palestinian factions from rearming, the sources told Yedioth Ahronoth.
The newspaper noted that there is still no confirmation by the Americans of such secret agreement.
Meanwhile, Israel announced late Monday night that it had agreed to extend the temporary ceasefire in Gaza for 24 hours while, at Egypt’s request, it continued to negotiate a permanent truce deal with the Palestinian delegation in Cairo.
In another context, Israeli premier Benjamin Netanyahu held on Monday night a security consultation meeting at the headquarters of the war ministry in Tel Aviv to discuss the details of the Egyptian ceasefire talks.
The meeting was attended by war minister Moshe Yaalon, chief of staff Benny Gantz, and head of the Shin Bet Yoram Cohen.
Walla news website quoted an Israeli security official as saying that the meeting was not intended for approving the ceasefire proposal being tabled in Cairo but for discussing its details.
The official added that in case a long-term truce deal was brokered in Cairo, there would be a need for convening the cabinet to sanction it.
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read:
The History of Resistance – The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation (*)
- Special Topic – Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza – A cover-up for settlement activity
- “Slow Death” -International report: Collective punishment of Gaza has reached critical stage – Incl Full Report PDF
- A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
- Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
THE LEGAL RIGHT OF RESISTANCE
81 Notre Dame Law Review1275(2006). Conducting an in-depth study of the genocide in Darfur, Sudan, and also discussing other genocides, this article details the inadequacy of many of the international community’s response to genocides, such as “targeted sanctions” or international peacekeeping forces. Examining international legal authorities such as the Genocide Convention, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Court of Justice, the article demonstrates that groups which are being subjected to genocide have a legal right of self-defense. International treaties, Security Council arms embargoes, or national gun control laws cannot lawfully be enforced in a manner which prevents self-defense resistance to a genocide in progress, because under international law, the prohibition against any form of complicity in genocide takes legal precedence over lesser laws. With Paul Gallant & Joanne D. Eisen. In PDF.
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- Brayer: The Absolute Right of Palestinian Resistance – Source
- No. Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
- If Jews in WWII Warsaw would have had rockets: They would have fired them too – by occpal
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.