Hamas political chief Khaled Meshaal said: “We will not give up until Palestinian demands – at the top of which is lifting the Gaza siege – are fulfilled.”
Hamas political chief Khaled Meshaal has vowed to continue fighting Israel until the self-proclaimed Jewish state meets Palestinian conditions for a permanent ceasefire, especially the lifting of a seven-year-long blockade on the Gaza Strip.
In an exclusive interview with Anadolu Agency on Thursday, Meshaal accused Israel of perpetrating a “holocaust” in the embattled Gaza Strip.
“We are determined to realize the demands of the Palestinian people, especially lifting the siege and securing the release of [Palestinian] detainees,” Meshaal said.
Israel resumed airstrikes in the Gaza Strip on Tuesday following the collapse of Egypt-hosted indirect negotiations aimed at striking a permanent ceasefire deal.
While Israel accused Palestinian resistance factions of violating the ceasefire with a rocket barrage, Hamas accused Tel Aviv of attempting to derail the talks in Cairo.
Since 2007, the Gaza Strip has reeled under a crippling Israeli blockade that has taken an enormous toll on the coastal territory’s economy and played havoc with residents’ livelihoods.
Palestinian factions condition the signing of any permanent ceasefire deal on Israel lifting its longstanding blockade on the beleaguered enclave.
“We will not give up until Palestinian demands – at the top of which is lifting the Gaza siege – are fulfilled,” Meshaal asserted.
“Our message to the world is that it’s high time to deal with the root cause of the problem by ending the [Israeli] occupation and settlement building and enabling the Palestinian people to live in peace on their own land,” he added.
The Doha-based Hamas leader went on to accuse Israel of perpetrating a “holocaust” in the Gaza Strip.
“What Israel has done in the Gaza Strip over the last 45 days is a genuine holocaust,” Meshaal told AA. “They are killing children, destroying residential areas, mosques, hospitals and UNRWA-run schools.”
He said that more than 2000 Palestinians – a quarter of whom were children – had been killed in recent Israeli attacks.
“Israel is replicating what [Nazi leader Adolf] Hitler did years ago,” Meshaal said.
Since hostilities began on July 7, at least 2069 Palestinians have been killed – the vast majority of them civilians – and more than 10,000 injured by relentless Israeli attacks across the Gaza Strip.
Thousands of homes have also been destroyed by Israeli attacks across the blockaded territory.
According to Israeli figures, at least 67 Israelis – 64 soldiers and three civilians – have been killed over the same period.
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read:
The History of Resistance – The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation (*)
- Special Topic – Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza – A cover-up for settlement activity
- “Slow Death” -International report: Collective punishment of Gaza has reached critical stage – Incl Full Report PDF
- A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
- Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
THE LEGAL RIGHT OF RESISTANCE
81 Notre Dame Law Review1275(2006). Conducting an in-depth study of the genocide in Darfur, Sudan, and also discussing other genocides, this article details the inadequacy of many of the international community’s response to genocides, such as “targeted sanctions” or international peacekeeping forces. Examining international legal authorities such as the Genocide Convention, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Court of Justice, the article demonstrates that groups which are being subjected to genocide have a legal right of self-defense. International treaties, Security Council arms embargoes, or national gun control laws cannot lawfully be enforced in a manner which prevents self-defense resistance to a genocide in progress, because under international law, the prohibition against any form of complicity in genocide takes legal precedence over lesser laws. With Paul Gallant & Joanne D. Eisen. In PDF.
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- Brayer: The Absolute Right of Palestinian Resistance – Source
- No. Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
- If Jews in WWII Warsaw would have had rockets: They would have fired them too – by occpal
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.