GAZA, (PIC)– Hamas Movement said on Thursday that Israel will pay a heavy price for the assassination of three leaders of the Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of Hamas, in Rafah.
Spokesman for the Movement said that the assassination of Qassam leaders at dawn Thursday is a “big Israeli crime” that would not succeed in breaking the Palestinian people’s resoluteness and resistance.
Qassam Brigades said on Thursday morning that Israel assassinated three of its senior commanders in the Gaza Strip. The Brigades identified the commanders as Mohammed Abu Shamallah, Raed al-Attar, and Mohammed Barhoum.
Seven others were also killed and 25 people were injured in the Israeli airstrike that targeted a house in the southern Gaza Strip town of Rafah.
Rafah Division commander Al-Attar, a father of two children, was on the top of Israel’s wanted list. He was involved in the planning and commanded the operation to kidnap Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit, and other resistance operations against Israeli targets.
Al-Attar, 40, has participated in the two previous battles against the occupation in 2008/2009 and 2012. He was one of the architects of the tunnel project in the south of the Strip.
Yediot Aharanot accused al-Attar early August of capturing an Israeli soldier, saying that “commander of the Qassam Brigades in Rafah city Raed al-Attar is apparently the only person who knows the fate of the missing Israeli soldier Hadar Goldin.”
Mohammed Abu Shamallah, 41, was the senior commander in southern Gaza. He spent 9 month is Israeli jails and 3 years in PA prisons.
He was also on the top of Israeli wanted list since 1991. He survived three assassination attempts. His home was bombed more than once by Israeli warplanes.
He was responsible for a number of resistance operations against Israeli military targets.
Mohammed Barhoum, 45, was on the same list since 1992. He was one of the founders of Hamas’s elite unit and travelled to a number of countries.
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read:
The History of Resistance – The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation (*)
- Special Topic – Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza – A cover-up for settlement activity
- “Slow Death” -International report: Collective punishment of Gaza has reached critical stage – Incl Full Report PDF
- A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
- Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
THE LEGAL RIGHT OF RESISTANCE
81 Notre Dame Law Review1275(2006). Conducting an in-depth study of the genocide in Darfur, Sudan, and also discussing other genocides, this article details the inadequacy of many of the international community’s response to genocides, such as “targeted sanctions” or international peacekeeping forces. Examining international legal authorities such as the Genocide Convention, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Court of Justice, the article demonstrates that groups which are being subjected to genocide have a legal right of self-defense. International treaties, Security Council arms embargoes, or national gun control laws cannot lawfully be enforced in a manner which prevents self-defense resistance to a genocide in progress, because under international law, the prohibition against any form of complicity in genocide takes legal precedence over lesser laws. With Paul Gallant & Joanne D. Eisen. In PDF.
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- Brayer: The Absolute Right of Palestinian Resistance – Source
- No. Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
- If Jews in WWII Warsaw would have had rockets: They would have fired them too – by occpal
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.