Israeli daily newspaper Yedioth Ahronoth published an op-ed on Friday warning that the assassination of Al-Qassam Brigade leaders in the Gaza Strip should not be viewed as an indication of Israel’s victory over Hamas.Military analyst Ron Ben-Yishai argued that Israel’s operations against Al-Qassam leaders will not have any tangible effects on Hamas’s military apparatus, but may shorten the duration of the operation and help “avoid a long war of attrition”.
The Israeli analyst pointed out that Hamas will swiftly appoint new leaders in place of those Israel assassinates, adding that the killing of Al-Qassam leaders will also not have any effect on Hamas’s rocket arsenal.
He said the assassinations would only affect the boldness of future attacks, because this requires an experienced leader who is qualified to make strategic decisions to carry out operations within Israel.
However, even though the leadership missions in the military wing of Hamas will be affected, he suggested that it is hard to measure the impact of the assassinations on Hamas’s ability to manage battle. He cited the assassination of Al-Qassam’s leader Ahmed Al-Jaabary in 2009 and how Hamas instantly appointed a successor and continued firing rockets until the end of the operation.Follow @MiddleEastMnt
‘Israel will eliminate Hamas leaders in Gaza and abroad if rocket fire continues’
An Israeli minister warned that Hamas leaders in the Gaza Strip and abroad “may be a target for elimination”, if the movement continued to fire rockets toward Israel, Israel National Radio reported.Finance Minister Yair Lapid said, during a meeting with German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier in Berlin yesterday, that “all Hamas political and military leaders whether in the Gaza Strip or abroad should know that they might be a legitimate target for elimination as long as the movement continues to launch rockets on Israeli communities.”
Lapid, who is chairman of the Yesh Atid Party, said “Israel will continue to defend itself and fight against armed Palestinian forces”.
The radio report said that Lapid briefed the German minister on the latest security developments in the region. He also presented Steinmeier with his initiative to hold an international conference on the Gaza Strip to demilitarise and reconstruct the enclave.
Meanwhile, the Israeli Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories Yoav Mordechai warned Hamas’ military leaders and politicians that none of them will enjoy immunity.
Mordechai said in a press statement quoted by Arabic TV today that Israel knows the whereabouts of Hamas leaders, pointing specifically to the Shifa Hospital in Gaza.
The Al-Qassam Brigades announced yesterday that three of its most prominent leaders in the Gaza Strip had been assassinated in an Israeli air strike.Follow @MiddleEastMnt
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read:
The History of Resistance – The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation (*)
- Special Topic – Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza – A cover-up for settlement activity
- “Slow Death” -International report: Collective punishment of Gaza has reached critical stage – Incl Full Report PDF
- A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
- Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
THE LEGAL RIGHT OF RESISTANCE
81 Notre Dame Law Review1275(2006). Conducting an in-depth study of the genocide in Darfur, Sudan, and also discussing other genocides, this article details the inadequacy of many of the international community’s response to genocides, such as “targeted sanctions” or international peacekeeping forces. Examining international legal authorities such as the Genocide Convention, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Court of Justice, the article demonstrates that groups which are being subjected to genocide have a legal right of self-defense. International treaties, Security Council arms embargoes, or national gun control laws cannot lawfully be enforced in a manner which prevents self-defense resistance to a genocide in progress, because under international law, the prohibition against any form of complicity in genocide takes legal precedence over lesser laws. With Paul Gallant & Joanne D. Eisen. In PDF.
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- Brayer: The Absolute Right of Palestinian Resistance – Source
- No. Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
- If Jews in WWII Warsaw would have had rockets: They would have fired them too – by occpal
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.