A massive Israeli airstrike in Gaza City, Saturday, leveled to the ground a building known as the al-Zafer apartment complex. Several nearby buildings were severely damaged. At least twenty-two people were badly wounded, and emergency workers are attempting to go through the rubble to find bodies and to see if there are more survivors.
In a separate airstrike, Saturday, Hussein Khaled Ahmad, 8, was killed along with his mother, Nisreen Ahmad, in an airstrike that hit their home in Deir al-Balah, in central Gaza, mid-day on Saturday.
Also in Deir al-Balah, Saturday, the body of Suheir Abu Mdein was recovered from under the rubble.
Air strikes continued in Deir al-Balah through the afternoon and evening on Saturday. One airstrike in Deir al-Balah hit the home of Abu Anwar Saliha, near Yafa mosque, but there are no reports of casualties in that incident.
Air strikes were also reported in Rafah, the area which suffered the most severe attacks in the Israeli assault on Gaza, in the few days before the temporary ceasefire was declared.
Two people were reportedly killed by an airstrike in the al-Jneina neighborhood of Rafah, but they have not yet been identified.
These attacks followed an airstrike, early Saturday morning, that hit the home of the al-Dahrouj family, killing the mother, father, their 3-year old and 4-year old sons, and the father’s aunt.
Another Palestinian died of wounds sustained in an earlier Israeli attack – he was identified as Salah Isleim.
Since Israel re-started its offensive on Gaza, Tuesday, after a week-long pause, more than 80 Palestinians have been killed and several hundred wounded, according to the Palestinian Ministry of Health.
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read:
The History of Resistance – The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation (*)
- Special Topic – Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza – A cover-up for settlement activity
- “Slow Death” -International report: Collective punishment of Gaza has reached critical stage – Incl Full Report PDF
- A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
- Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
THE LEGAL RIGHT OF RESISTANCE
81 Notre Dame Law Review1275(2006). Conducting an in-depth study of the genocide in Darfur, Sudan, and also discussing other genocides, this article details the inadequacy of many of the international community’s response to genocides, such as “targeted sanctions” or international peacekeeping forces. Examining international legal authorities such as the Genocide Convention, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Court of Justice, the article demonstrates that groups which are being subjected to genocide have a legal right of self-defense. International treaties, Security Council arms embargoes, or national gun control laws cannot lawfully be enforced in a manner which prevents self-defense resistance to a genocide in progress, because under international law, the prohibition against any form of complicity in genocide takes legal precedence over lesser laws. With Paul Gallant & Joanne D. Eisen. In PDF.
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- Brayer: The Absolute Right of Palestinian Resistance – Source
- No. Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
- If Jews in WWII Warsaw would have had rockets: They would have fired them too – by occpal
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.