Al-Risheq condemns Israeli comparisons with ISIS
Friday afternoon, Isreali PM Benjamin Netanyahu’s office tweeted an image of masked Hamas soldiers about to execute informants to Israel, along with another of ISIS extremist militia alongside Iraqi soldiers.
The office then deleted the original tweet, following direct “contacts” in regard to the validity of the message being presented, as well as additional criticism via social media.
Izzat Al-Risheq, member of the Hamas political bureau, issued the following statement:
“The attempt by Netanyahu and his spokesman Ofir Gendelman to link Hamas and compare us with other groups is a deception and disinformation campaign that will not fool anyone.
We strongly condemn and reject how Netanyahu, Gendelman and the Israeli media exploit the picture of the slain American journalist James Foley who was executed in a brutal manner.
We condemn the low and the cheap use of this image without any respect for the sanctity of the dead.
We emphasize that Hamas is a national liberation movement. Hamas’ members are freedom fighters who are seeking the liberation of the Palestinian people and their civil rights.
Hamas is confronting Israeli terrorism against our children and the innocent civilians of the Palestinian people.
We are fighting for freedom and independence, and our main objective is to end the Israeli occupation and the Israeli terrorism in our land.”
Additionally on Saturday, Israel retracted false claims made regarding a rocket fired into Sderot Negev which killed a 4-year-old Israeli child. Hamas claimed responsibility for the missile; however, Israeli news reports that the rocket was launched from an UNRWA school were false.
Prominent figure within Hamas’ political bureau Mussa Abu Marzouq, in commenting on recent suspensions in Cairo-mediated peace negotiations, accused Israeli PM Netanyahu of lying twice — once when he accused Hamas of violating the recent ceasefire and again in regard to Hamas’ alleged abduction of an Israeli soldier.
Hamas was democratically elected in 2006, and is the ruling political party in the besieged Gaza Strip.
The Israeli government never recognized Hamas’ authority and succeeded in further imposing the ongoing blockade of the region with Egypt’s backing, the following year. Israel and the U.S. continue to insist that Hamas is a terrorist organization, with no distinction made between the party’s political and military wings.
New depths in Israel’s political arena: Netanyahu tweeted infographs depicting Foley comparing it to Hamas, then had to delete his tweets:
For who does not understand the need or concept of resistance of Palestine, recommended read:
The History of Resistance – The Eagle of Palestine
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names of Martyrs Occupation (*)
- Special Topic – Ethnic Cleansing
- Israeli escalation in Gaza – A cover-up for settlement activity
- “Slow Death” -International report: Collective punishment of Gaza has reached critical stage – Incl Full Report PDF
- A “Leaflet” to the World about it’s own “forgotten” Extermination Camp called Gaza
- Gaza Siege Harshness Continues. Israel’s committing slow-motion genocide ~ by Stephen Lendman
THE LEGAL RIGHT OF RESISTANCE
81 Notre Dame Law Review1275(2006). Conducting an in-depth study of the genocide in Darfur, Sudan, and also discussing other genocides, this article details the inadequacy of many of the international community’s response to genocides, such as “targeted sanctions” or international peacekeeping forces. Examining international legal authorities such as the Genocide Convention, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the International Court of Justice, the article demonstrates that groups which are being subjected to genocide have a legal right of self-defense. International treaties, Security Council arms embargoes, or national gun control laws cannot lawfully be enforced in a manner which prevents self-defense resistance to a genocide in progress, because under international law, the prohibition against any form of complicity in genocide takes legal precedence over lesser laws. With Paul Gallant & Joanne D. Eisen. In PDF.
- The Palestinian Right of Self Defense
- Brayer: The Absolute Right of Palestinian Resistance – Source
- No. Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
- If Jews in WWII Warsaw would have had rockets: They would have fired them too – by occpal
MYTHS & FACTS ABOUT THE ROCKETS FROM GAZA
- The “Rocket” from Gaza Myth – Photography
- More facts about the Rocket from Gaza Myths – Storify
- Half the story: What @IDFSpokesperson leaves out about #Gaza ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Israel and #Gaza: Context Behind Projectile Fire ~ by @yousefmunayyer
- Truths and lies behind Israel’s attacks on Gaza and its whining about rockets ~ by @AliAbunimah
- Israel is not looking for peace. Nor talks. But: This
* The list of shuhada does not display, the numerous victims of the zionist occupation which are undocumented by media. Nor it displays the victims of the “silent onslaught” due to restrictions of movement, ability to go to hospitals for treatment or life saving surgery, due to lack of medication because of the blockades and so on. For example: The Slow Motion Genocide by the Siege on Gaza only, killed 600 patients since Gaza got under Israeli Siege.
Neither does this list, display the avoidable mortality. A clear and statistical factual evidence, about the number of deaths due to indecent ruling by occupation forces. For even an occupier has obligations under International Laws, Geneva Convention and the Hague regulations, which it is neglecting. These circumstances, together with deliberate policies of the occupier to neglect and even deny every basic human right, severes avoidable mortality which is totally silenced by media or reporting organisations. While in the Holocaust, 1 on 6 Jewish people directly died of deliberate neglect, so if we believe the facts over 1 million due to avoidable mortality, neither should these same circumstances be ignores which are ongoing in Palestine. For this report displays a avoidable morality of at least 0,5 million Palestinians.
How many more dead corpses of Palestinians does the international community need to see in order to act? How many more cruelties and violations of Human Rights, Regulations and International Law will be needed to intervene so this ongoing warcrime is being stopped once and for all.