Israel’s mayhem against children is getting beyond every imagination. On Jan 3, three young children were arrested. The youngest was only 6 years old: Mohammed Ali Dirbas who was kidnapped from the street while going to the grocery store. After that Israel detained and interrogated little Mohammed for 4 hours.
Jan 4, 2012: We decide to go maintain this blogpost about child arrests and abuse to campaign this information. To create awareness for these zionist atrocities of the worst kind.
The arrest and violations of law regarding interrogation of a 6 year old really are the limit.
At the moment over 160 children already are illegally detained, arbitrary and in violation with literally all International Laws, arrested, kidnapped, interrogated while military orders, higher laws or regulations are being ignored, children are tortured, and neglected – when ill- even to death and traumatized for life while the International community lacks condemnation but above all: actions.
This page will be continuously updated and we want to ask all to help raise the awareness by sharing (and keep sharing this post), reblog it on your own weblog, website or refer or link to it. Feel free to copy any content necessary.
Update Nov 2012
- Israeli occupation arrested 700 children since January, 2012 | Source
- Israel attempted to arrest a 2 year old child for alleged participation in illegal riots. I kid you not.
Urgent Request ▶ Support Legal Defense of Children by @PalestinePSP
Palestine PSP issued an urgent request to enable continuation of legal defense of children illegally detained or arrested by Israel. Palestine Solidarity Project has, since its inception, taken on the cost for the legal defense of as many residents of Beit Ommar as possible, as well as anyone arrested during non-violent demonstrations in the area. We work with amazing Israeli lawyers at the offices of Gaby Lasky, who are tireless in their defense of Palestinians arrested by Israeli Occupation Forces. Because of the marked increase in detentions of youth in Beit Ommar, PSP is in critical need of financial support for its legal defense fund.
In the last year, PSP has accrued 103,000 ILS (Approx. $28,000 USD) in the defense of Palestinians, the vast majority of which is for children. Palestinians can often spend months in jail if they do not get bail; excellent representation for them at initial bail hearings is essential to maximizing their chances of returning home quickly.
Visualizing Children under Israeli Regime
The different legal systems under which Israelis and Palestinians are tried apply to children as well. As +972 has consistently documented, Palestinian children arrested by the army are treated by the military court system as “potential terrorists.” The visual below demonstrates what would happen should two 12-year-old boys, one Israeli and one Palestinian, get arrested for fighting. One would swiftly be brought before a judge, given access to a lawyer, tried and spared jail time. The other could face two years in jail without trial. This illustration is the eighth in a series of infographics on Palestinian civilian life under occupation.
By Michal Vexler, with the cooperation of Caabu – The Council for Arab-British Understanding
This graphic has been updated in accordance with amendments on detention practices recently instituted by the Israeli army.
Michal Vexler is a designer and an activist. This work – part of a series of infographics on the effects of the occupation on Palestinian civilians – is presented here with her permission. See the series, Visualizing Occupation, in full here.
Violence against Children topic
In a special topic about Israeli violence against children you can get an impression of the violence, abuse, torture and even death to which Palestinian children are expose due to Israeli violations and disrespect of International Laws and every moral sense possible.
Due to immense increase of the violence, the post only mentions incidents til May 2011, the following confirmed and documented cases can be found Category Children
Violence during interrogation of children
- Israel interrogates Palestinian minor – Palestine Telegraph – Jan 19, 2012
Violence against Children
Obstruction of medical aid kills children
Children of Palestine are not only threatened by arrests, just a few days ago a 7 month old baby died because Israel obstructed the permit for live saving surgery and the child died. Seven-month-old Adham Baroud died at the Al Rantissi Children’s Hospital’s in Gaza City at around 1am on 26 December. He had been referred to Israel for emergency treatment by his doctors in Gaza on 1 December.
- Aside from 173 other children who died due to the same obstruction of medical care. – Report
- 35 babies died, due to obstruction of medical care or access restriction at checkpoints – Report
- The chance of being born for Palestinians in Israel knows a deathratio of 14/1000 against 3/1000 life births due to racist policies of Israel. Many services to which israel according to International Law, Art.55 & 56 of the Fourth Geneva convention is obliged are neglected causing shocking healthrisks for people, children and thus an unacceptable deathrate – Report
- NEW REPORT: Bound, Blindfolded and Convicted: Children held in military detention (2012) – DCI PALESTINE
- Palestinian Children Detained Oppressively in Isolation – Report by Stephen Lendman – Jan 5, 2012
- Stone Cold Justice – Israel’s Detention & Torture of Children – Report
- Israel Torture Palestinian Children by Electric-Shocking – Report
- Abusing Palestinian Children – Report
- B’Tselem: Jerusalemite children tortured by Israeli interrogators – B’Tselem – Report
- More aboutIsraeli Torture
Attacks on Children
Aside from daily arrests of children in the West Bank, many children in Gaza encounter targeting by snipers and get shot or wounded, handicapped and in many cases killed. Even while sleeping in their beds in the middle at the night, attacks by arrests are mainly undertaken by night, and aggressive violent attacks like bombings on Gaza also. Children do get killed while asleep while you turn side in your bed being unaware.
- Urgent Appeal (UA 4/10) – Children of the Gravel
Kidnapping & Arrests of Children
Especially in Jerusalem many children are kidnapped. By the police, army, settlers and as is showed in a hidden camera captured video you can witness a child abduction of a soccer playing child at broad daylight in Jerusalem by undercover Israeli forces.
7,000 is the estimated number of Palestinian children detained and prosecuted in Israeli military courts since 2000, shows a report by Defence for Children International Palestine (DCIP)
87% – Children subjected to some form of physical violence while in custody.
91% – Believed to be blindfolded at some point during their detention.
12 % – The minimum age of criminal responsibility, as stipulated in the Military Order 1651.
62% – The percentage of children arrested between 12am and 5am.
- Undercover forces captured on film kidnapping a child in – video
- Silwan Targeted – video
- Children in Silwan –video
- Stolen Children, Stolen Lives ~ Israel’s arrest & abuse of Palestinian Children – video
- 383 Palestinian children arrested in 2011, 15 in the last week alone – Mondoweiss
- Detaining children is big business for zionism: 900.000$ cashed in 9 months
- July 2013 | Children of Beit Ummar Popular Committee are targeted again – Mondoweiss
- False Confessions by Palestinian Children and adolescents under Coercion – Physicians for Human Rights Israel
- Coerced False Confessions: The Case of Palestinian Children – By Graciela Carmon, M.D. – Physicians for Human Rights Israel
- Latest Violation Bulletin of Rights of Children – Issued Dec 23 2011 by Defence for Children Palestine
- Latest Detention Bulletin of Rights of Children – Issued Dec 23 2011 by Defence for Children Palestine
- Human rights paper exposes Israeli violence against detained children – Report by Adalah & Al-Mizaan
Kidnap of Palestinian Child by undercover Israeli forces
Illegal Child Detention
Israel Arrests Children – Video – Jan 25, 2012
Follow for information & Demand Intervention
Contact information UNICEF
For News Organizations:
Mobile: +972-54 778 7604
Tel: +972-2-584-0400 (ext 405)
Mobile: +972-547787605, +972-599-118848
Mobile: +972-059-8921836, +972-059-8921836
Tel: +972-2-584-0400 (ext 406)
This post will be updated in the coming hours as more information comes available. In the meanwhile we want to urge anyone to contact your representatives and share this information as wide as possible to create awareness about the violations against children.
Send copies to your friends, contacts, networks or send the link to the people or organisations below by twitter:
For all attacks and violation of Law and crimes against → Children
For all attacks on Gaza → Gaza Under Attack
For all attacks all over Palestine check the Category → Attacks
For all attacks commited by (Illegal Colonists) → Settler Violence
For all attacks on Gaza’s Fishermen at sea → Fishing Under Fire
For all attacks on Press to prevent u see Truth → Attack on Press
For all assassinations by Israel→ Assassinations
For all kidnap attacks by Israel → Kidnapping & Abductions
For all unlawfull incursion attacks by Israel → Incursions
For all massacres by Israel → Massacres & Genocide
- Truth does not bother Israel. Buttons do. To Mute – Overview of censorship
- Remember these Children Memorial | Website
More pictures in the Gallery Images | الصور