|[ 06/12/2010 - 10:33 AM ]|
NAZARETH, (PIC)– The Israeli information center for human rights in the occupied territories B’Tselem said in a report that Palestinian children in Silwan town, occupied Jerusalem, were severely tortured at the hands of Israeli interrogators.
The report published on Sunday by the Israeli channel 7 said that the Israeli police had arrested children suspected of committing violations in a way contrary to Israeli laws and were subjected to questioning by border policemen and plain clothed security men.
The report said that tens of minors were recently apprehended in Silwan while the overall number of detained children since the start of 2010 in occupied Jerusalem had reached 81 all suspected of throwing stones.
It said that the children, some of whom only 12 years old, were being questioned in the absence of their parents in violation of the law, adding that a number of them told B’Tselem that they were physically abused.
- Abusing Palestinian Children
- B’Tselem: Jerusalemite children tortured by Israeli interrogators
- B’Tselem: Palestinians abused in Shin Bet facility
- New Scandals in Child Prisoner Torture: Soldiers Urinate on 13-Year-Old Boys
- Illegal Detention Of Palestinian Children | VIDEO
- Action Alert for the Children of Palestine
- Why are you crying?
- Torture of Children by Electroshocking
- Literally breaking laws with own hands
- The Israeli Culture of drinking Urine
- B’ Tselem on Child Torture
- Torture and maltreatment of children in Israeli prisoners
- Child Torture : They pissed on him and he got eight months
- Punishing the sick, shamelessly